Parking Mode Question?

importriders

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shocked this hasn't been asked before and the manual is pretty vague...

In parking mode:

1) Is motion detection triggered on either camera, front or rear?
2) Once motion is detected does it record both front and rear?

I am led to believe that it doesn't seem to matter which camera picks up movement. It will record both front and rear.

Yes, both cams are recording no matter where the motion was detected.

enjoy,
Mtz

Can you plug the A129 power cord into a battery power bank 26800mAh instead of the cigarette lighter power port in parking mode? ...and how many hours will the A129 operate on 26800mAh a battery pack? Thanks.

Can you plug the A129 power cord into a battery power bank 26800mAh instead of the cigarette lighter power port in parking mode? ...and how many hours will the A129 operate on 26800mAh a battery pack? Thanks.
Yes, and you should get around 30 hours, with the wi-fi off.

Yes, and you should get around 30 hours, with the wi-fi off.
Thank you for the information. By any chance do you know what the operating temperature rage is for a battery pack at 26800mAh is? as if I leave this battery pack in the car to power the A129 cam I am concerned if it get very hot in the car during the summer will it be safe to use a battery pack to power the A129? Thank you.

Thank you for the information. By any chance do you know what the operating temperature rage is for a battery pack at 26800mAh is? as if I leave this battery pack in the car to power the A129 cam I am concerned if it get very hot in the car during the summer will it be safe to use a battery pack to power the A129? Thank you.

That would vary by manufacturers. Anker tested their batteries at 77*C according to this little promo page...
https://www.anker.com/deals/10000hours/?country=us

I wouldn't use a cheap battery pack in hot conditions, but one with all the appropriate safety features and high/low temperature cut-offs should be safe.

It should only charge between 0C and 40C, charging outside that range will either have a cut-off and wont work or will damage the cells which could subsequently cause a fire. For discharge -40C to 60C should be safe, although it will reduce the lifetime of the pack a bit at the higher end, discharging or storage at 80C is likely to either trigger a cut-off or reduce lifetime to under 1 year. So don't leave it in direct sun, or high up in the car where temperatures can easily reach 90C when parked.

Charging it in the car is not recommended, but if you do then put it inside a decent "lipo charging bag" that will contain any flames, car interiors are flammable and not self extinguishing like home furniture.

I wouldn't use a cheap battery pack in hot conditions, but one with all the appropriate safety features and high/low temperature cut-offs should be safe.

It should only charge between 0C and 40C, charging outside that range will either have a cut-off and wont work or will damage the cells which could subsequently cause a fire. For discharge -40C to 60C should be safe, although it will reduce the lifetime of the pack a bit at the higher end, discharging or storage at 80C is likely to either trigger a cut-off or reduce lifetime to under 1 year. So don't leave it in direct sun, or high up in the car where temperatures can easily reach 90C when parked.

Charging it in the car is not recommended, but if you do then put it inside a decent "lipo charging bag" that will contain any flames, car interiors are flammable and not self extinguishing like home furniture.
thanks for the information

why is an Anker battery park more dangerous to use then lets say a Cellink Battery pack or a blackvue 124 battery pack? why can those be safely be in a hot car over 40C. but an Anker can not? why is Cellink safe? and what about the battery packs they sell to Jump Cars? aren't they in peoples trunks and over 40c and dangerous? but they are being stored in a hot trunk isn't that a dangerous or safe?

why is an Anker battery park more dangerous to use then lets say a Cellink Battery pack or a blackvue 124 battery pack? why can those be safely be in a hot car over 40C. but an Anker can not? why is Cellink safe? and what about the battery packs they sell to Jump Cars? aren't they in peoples trunks and over 40c and dangerous? but they are being stored in a hot trunk isn't that a dangerous or safe?
The Cellink and similar should have all the appropriate safety features for the use they are designed for (don't know if they have), a typical USB battery pack hasn't. I'm sure the Anker will have high and low temperature cutouts so I'm not convinced that there is much difference in safety. Possibly the Cellink has a more flameproof case?

One argument against the Anker is that it is probably using lipo cells, or maybe Li-Ion 18650 cells, and they both have a flash point around 150C instead of the Lithium Iron which is more like 500C, so is less likely to burst into flames. However with the appropriate safety cutouts neither is going to get above 100C even if they fail so I think that is irrelevant. The cells generate very little heat in use, it is only if/when they fail that there is a safety issue.

Like I said, don't use a cheap battery pack when the temperature may get above 40C or below freezing, your Anker should be decent.

PS. I think current Anker powerbanks will not power the camera while charging, although many USB powerbanks will.

Last edited:
Yes, both cams are recording no matter where the motion was detected.

enjoy,
Mtz
I just need some clarification sorry,
Does rear camera on the 129 actually detect motion? Or just the front?

Thank you Jokiin, pardon my ignorance I'm new to all this..

I understand that both cameras kick in when something happens,
My question is - does the rear camera itself have a motion sensor? Will it pick up movement at the rear of my car and record it?
I need a setup that will sense motion both front and rear when parked.

Ah ok image sensor..
It will pick up someone if they approach my car from behind when parked?

Great thank you.
I know I can't expect too much in this price range, but I am considering the 129 as my first dash cam.

It's just that I noticed on here the mini 0906 didn't detect motion on the rear camera..and it got me wondering about the 129..

Back