Parking Mode Question?

yes he meant no matter which end detects the movement both cameras will record
This may be a stupid question but does rain hitting and running down the windshield cause the motion to be triggered?

This may be a stupid question but does rain hitting and running down the windshield cause the motion to be triggered?

any change in lighting is movement, the image sensor just sees changes in contrast so rain can make it go off just like the sun can when the clouds are moving and there are shadows etc

any change in lighting is movement, the image sensor just sees changes in contrast so rain can make it go off just like the sun can when the clouds are moving and there are shadows etc
I didn't think about the clouds causing it too, but it makes sense. Thanks.

I didn't think about the clouds causing it too, but it makes sense. Thanks.

That's the problem with trying to use motion detection outdoors. Just about anything can cause a false trigger such as birds flying past, the wind blowing leaves in a tree, an animal such as a cat walking through the scene, or a pedestrian. Motion detection for surveillance purposes is really intended for static scenes like a warehouse, store or office at night when nobody is around so the only movement you want to capture is the motion that causes the camera to trigger.

I think low bit rate mode is the way to go. You get constant recording at a third of the bitrate. Due to limited movement in the scenary you don't need the high resolution recording. There is also no chance of missing anything.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Back