Parking mode question

I have no connection to their products, there are several manufacturers that are members of this forum

It should, so I would reinstall the firmware (V1.03). After reinstalling, manually default the settings in the menu, then press the reset button on the side of the camera for at least 5 seconds. Set the camera back up and test again.
Did exactly what you suggested (reflash- restore defaults - h/w reset - set up - try). Nothing has changed in the way the camera behaves. Nothing whatsoever. Any other ideas?

Did exactly what you suggested (reflash- restore defaults - h/w reset - set up - try). Nothing has changed in the way the camera behaves. Nothing whatsoever. Any other ideas?
Maybe try downgrading to V1.02. I bench tested the parking mode in V1.03 awhile back while using a USB wall charger and didn't have any issue with the camera exiting parking mode. There was an issue of it not reliably entering parking mode, but don't recall any issue with exiting. Not sure why powering via a battery pack would be different. If you decide to try V1.02, be sure to manually default the cameras settings again and press the reset button. Let me know if you need a copy of V1.02.

Maybe try downgrading to V1.02. I bench tested the parking mode in V1.03 awhile back while using a USB wall charger and didn't have any issue with the camera exiting parking mode. There was an issue of it not reliably entering parking mode, but don't recall any issue with exiting. Not sure why powering via a battery pack would be different. If you decide to try V1.02, be sure to manually default the cameras settings again and press the reset button. Let me know if you need a copy of V1.02.
I have the 1.02 firmware file, thank you.
I read that they fixed few things related to parking mode operation in 1.03, so I am a bit reluctant to go back to 1.02.
I have now opened the ticket with VIOFO on their support site - waiting for the answer. Will update this thread when the response comes.

Thought I re-post this here.

I received VIOFO's reply today as below:
Without the HK3 hardwire kit, the camera will leave parking mode once it detects the GPS info that the speed is above 8km/h.

Then I did more tests here. But note the following first:
The v1.03 firmware available for download from the sources above is actually v1.03 build 20190924.
There was an earlier build of v1.03, which is build 20190911.

I have two A113V3 dash cams here, with those two different v1.03 builds, and the 20190911 behaves at it should - gets out of parking mode as described in VIOFO's reply above, while 20190924 doesn't, even though both have 100% identical settings, and I use them in the same GPS mount (not at the same time, of course :). Funnily enough, the camera loaded with 20190911, has a higher Serial Number. I wonder if the h/w build standard may also be different.

I'd like to continue investigation, but I need both BIN files for that, and I only have 20190924.
Can anyone help with the 20190911 file? Thanks.

Further to that "mysterious" v1.03 build 20190911 that I reported above - I have some strong reasons to suspect that it is just a version 1.02 with manually edited version info string in the binary file. To prove me write or wrong, it would be good to confirm the version by some functionality checks, and not rely on what the menu info says.

Is there distinctly different features/functions/behavior that would allow to reliably tell between firmware versions v1.02 and v1.03 ?

Some extra menu items maybe? or behavioral pattern difference? or something else ?

Thanks.

Further to that "mysterious" v1.03 build 20190911 that I reported above - I have some strong reasons to suspect that it is just a version 1.02 with manually edited version info string in the binary file. To prove me write or wrong, it would be good to confirm the version by some functionality checks, and not rely on what the menu info says.

Is there distinctly different features/functions/behavior that would allow to reliably tell between firmware versions v1.02 and v1.03 ?

Some extra menu items maybe? or behavioral pattern difference? or something else ?

Thanks.
No that I'm aware of. Viofo said V1.03 was an update to fix a parking mode issue with V1.02.

No that I'm aware of. Viofo said V1.03 was an update to fix a parking mode issue with V1.02.
I found one difference between official firmware 1.02 and 1.03:
Upon resetting all settings to defaults, the date in 1.02 is set to 1 Jun 2019, and for 1.03 it is set to 1 Sept 2019.

The date in my build 20190911 upon reset to defaults is set to 1 Sep 2019, but this does not help me much as I don't know if it is late 1.02, or early 1.03, compiled on the 11th September... But at least I know now that it is a separate build and NOT just v1.02 with manually edited version number and build number strings in the binary file.

Where is the build number found? (edit: I checked my unit and I have build 20190924).

I have FW v3 I got back on Jan. 7, 2020 and compared it to the currently available FW and they are both the same size and same CRC32 value. So I assume they are also the same build.

Last edited:
Good news for all people with the problem of non-coming out of parking mode when powered by power bank:

VIOFO has released to public the binary file of the earlier build firmware v1.03 build 20190911, which seems to be free of that issue.
I have just uploaded it to the free file sharing resource.
Download the file here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03329174191288213910
Don't forget to UNZIP it after downloading.

Now you can load that firmware into your camera and enjoy v1.03 with correctly working parking mode exit.
(follow the instructions on the VIOFO's firmware update page)

Disclaimer: this version is of EARLIER BUILD DATE than the official v1.03 available for download from VIOFO's web site.
Use this version at your own risk. I don't know what other differences are between the two.

If you do not use your camera with Powerbank, and especially if you are using HK3 kit with your cam, then this build is probably of no use to you - it is recommended then to use the latest official firmware, which is at the moment v1.03 build 20190924 (the one downloadable from VIOFO's website)

Happy and safe driving!

I park in our own garage. Is it the Parking mode G Sensor and Motion Detection that stops it recording while parked in the garage? No motion, no bumps, no video when in Parking mode?

I park in our own garage. Is it the Parking mode G Sensor and Motion Detection that stops it recording while parked in the garage? No motion, no bumps, no video when in Parking mode?
What is your Parking Mode setting?
If it's Auto Event Detection then yes - the combination of no motion, no bumps and 0 speed (based on GPS data) will result in no recordings made while in parking mode.

What is your Parking Mode setting?
If it's Auto Event Detection then yes - the combination of no motion, no bumps and 0 speed (based on GPS data) will result in no recordings made while in parking mode.
Yes, Auto Event Detection.

thanks

So I am using the dashcam currently straight from the 12V lighter and wondered the best way to utilize parking mode. Just got the camera the other day so still playing with the settings. I assume everytime I leave the vehicle I have to manually set parking mode? And when driving turn it off? I was hoping the GPS would sense the car was parked maybe after a few minutes and automatically set parking mode and vice versa but apparently not a function. Any advise for the best way to use this without the hardwire kit would be greatly appreciated [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1. First thing first: In absolute majority of the cars, the 12V cigarette lighter socket gets un-powered when you turn off the engine.
So, in the case you described, the camera will be completely off, when you leave the car.
2. If your camera somehow remains powered 100% of the time, you just need to turn parking mode on once via menu, and then the camera will be automatically switching between the normal and parking modes, depending on the factors I listed in my reply to user Demo above.
Beware of the car battery drain in this scenario - the camera consumes about 150mA from the cigarette lighter via it's own 12V/5V adapter plug. That pretty much aplies to both normal and parking modes.

1. First thing first: In absolute majority of the cars, the 12V cigarette lighter socket gets un-powered when you turn off the engine.
So, in the case you described, the camera will be completely off, when you leave the car.
2. If your camera somehow remains powered 100% of the time, you just need to turn parking mode on once via menu, and then the camera will be automatically switching between the normal and parking modes, depending on the factors I listed in my reply to user Demo above.
Beware of the car battery drain in this scenario - the camera consumes about 150mA from the cigarette lighter via it's own 12V/5V adapter plug. That pretty much aplies to both normal and parking modes.
Great answer and clears up my confusion of auto switching between parking mode and driving mode because that what seemed to be happening even though Blackboxmyvar said it didnt work that way. My test footage did indeed show that to be true. I left in time lapsed 5fps parking mode and went to bed. The next day I drove around and the footage depicted the modes did reflect that. And yes the 12V is present when my vehicle is off so hot all the time.

I greatly appreciate the feedback! Thank you! I am sure I will have more questions down the road as I learn more about the options available. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I wanted to avoid using a hardwire kit and after reading the advice from ds2010 and others, to whom I am deeply grateful, I believe I now have a functioning system.

For power I have tested two scenarios: 1) Power from the cigarette lighter but when I park I turn the car off and then connect the cam to a usb powerbank, I use the Adata P10050 for its size, it was open special, and its ability to be recharged while also charging a device, but others will also do the job. Or, 2) I constantly power the cam from the powerbank and skip the lighter. I have two powerbanks and will switch one out while I recharge it or will use the through charging option which I have not yet tested.

For settings, most are pretty much default but the relevant ones are : Parking Mode - Auto Detection, Parking G sensor - Middle Sensitivity, Parking Motion Detection - Middle Sensitivity. The latter two can be adjusted to suit your situation. For my tests I used time-lapse recording of 1 fps in parking mode and will experiment with others,

To address another common question, I power it through the latest GPS mount and this works with no problems.

I am new to this and will gladly accept constructive criticism of my setup.

Demo,

Looks like we are trying to use the same strategy and am looking at a power bank as well going forward. Thanks for that update post! And thank you ds2010 for all your help!

Back