Parking Mode Question

Mark7

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo
Hi All... New here, but not to web forums. I love that when you have a question or an issue with something you are dealing with you can usually get help on sites like this. "Dashcamtalk" was the first site that popped up when I searched for "Dash Cam Forum".

On to my issue. I recently installed an A129 Plus Duo in my truck and it is working well in driving mode, and perhaps in parking mode but there is one thing I am not clear on.

I have it set to 5 FPS recording in parking mode (I think) and I never see anything in the app when I connect to the camera and look at "Parking Files". There are some files in the "locked files" tab and I understand that those are likely g-force files? as when I drive on a rough road, or hit railroad tracks a little fast I hear the unit chirp at me.

Am I missing something? There are 100's of files in the "all files" tab that I guess I could look over to see if any of those are in parking mode, but I am confused why the "Parking Files" tab is empty.

Would also be curious what others think are optimal settings for Parking Mode.

Thanks!

Hi All... New here, but not to web forums. I love that when you have a question or an issue with something you are dealing with you can usually get help on sites like this. "Dashcamtalk" was the first site that popped up when I searched for "Dash Cam Forum".

On to my issue. I recently installed an A129 Plus Duo in my truck and it is working well in driving mode, and perhaps in parking mode but there is one thing I am not clear on.

I have it set to 5 FPS recording in parking mode (I think) and I never see anything in the app when I connect to the camera and look at "Parking Files". There are some files in the "locked files" tab and I understand that those are likely g-force files? as when I drive on a rough road, or hit railroad tracks a little fast I hear the unit chirp at me.

Am I missing something? There are 100's of files in the "all files" tab that I guess I could look over to see if any of those are in parking mode, but I am confused why the "Parking Files" tab is empty.

Would also be curious what others think are optimal settings for Parking Mode.

Thanks!
Low-bitrate mode is what I use, it records audio as well. File sizes across different parking modes are more or less the same so no major benefit with 5fps.

How are you powering the camera while parked, is it going into parking mode?

Parking mode files are in with the regular driving files. They will have PF and FR at the end of their names.

Parking mode files are in with the regular driving files. They will have PF and FR at the end of their names.

PM files end up in separate folder (Parking). Probably a change made in later firmwares.

PM files end up in separate folder (Parking). Probably a change made in later firmwares.
Possibly. My A129 Plus DUO is not running the latest firmware and all parking mode files are in with regular files.

I know I have it wired correctly. I will check to see if my parking files are mixed in with driving files (Thanks for file name info) and I will check to make sure I have the latest firmware.

Thanks for the replies.

Back