Parking mode question!

zeroprospekt

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello people!
I had a Mediatech really cheap dvr recorder but it has blow up after i done bad some hardwiring ^^
Now i need to buy a new Dvr cause here in Italy you must be scared to drive, people are just crazy!
My budget is to 60€ actually.
I ordered some chinese dash cam with 24h Parking mode but it never arrived so i asked the refund (didn't know the dash cam name as weel but i really need parking mode so it was ok for me).
Now i've got the problem i really don't know what to do and i would ask some advice on what to do.
I found some strange recorder from Australia but i have to pay the customs (google translate) and it comes something like 81€ (not know the dash cam name as well).
The last choices i have are two: 1- another strange chinese dvr that i will never know it would arrive
2- an AT500. Are there any other possibilities?
Any advice?
Sorry for messy post, but my english isn't that good so it's a problem for me to write correct!
Thanks!

Best if you can provide links to what you've found so far, in your budget it might be hard to find something with real parking mode

these all have motion detect (just about any dashcam does) but that's not parking mode, anything with a battery inside is not suitable for parking mode though anyway

these all have motion detect (just about any dashcam does) but that's not parking mode, anything with a battery inside is not suitable for parking mode though anyway
So if i'd like to have a real parking mode what should i look for?

to work for parking mode the camera needs permanent power, permanent power and an internal battery is not good, for something to be permanently powered you need without an internal battery, look for a camera that uses super capacitors

the other problem is these types of cameras only start recording after something has happened, it's better than nothing but best are cameras that pre buffer, when triggered they will save footage from before the event happens, I would think most of the camera like this are over your budget though

to work for parking mode the camera needs permanent power, permanent power and an internal battery is not good, for something to be permanently powered you need without an internal battery, look for a camera that uses super capacitors

the other problem is these types of cameras only start recording after something has happened, it's better than nothing but best are cameras that pre buffer, when triggered they will save footage from before the event happens, I would think most of the camera like this are over your budget though
Well do you have any model to suggest to me? Just to know so i will prepare money and next months buy it! ^^

Would an option be to buy (for example) one of the cheap keyfob cams (808) and set up to a permanent power supply (powerpack). maybe for this to be charged from solar panel as well as the car?
Also setting the cam to one of the lower settings (720, 15fps etc?) ?

Would an option be to buy (for example) one of the cheap keyfob cams (808) and set up to a permanent power supply (powerpack). maybe for this to be charged from solar panel as well as the car?
Also setting the cam to one of the lower settings (720, 15fps etc?) ?
This is a really interesting option!!! I hope you don't mind if i ask you if you have some hints and tips to give me about this! ^^

This is a really interesting option!!! I hope you don't mind if i ask you if you have some hints and tips to give me about this! ^^
You can ask - but I don't really have an idea how this would be wired in.

You can ask - but I don't really have an idea how this would be wired in.
I'd like to know where and what powerpack buy, then i think that wire it to a solar panel would be easy. And if i'd do the thing with a solar panel usb power bank???

I'd like to know where and what powerpack buy, then i think that wire it to a solar panel would be easy. And if i'd do the thing with a solar panel usb power bank???
I'm no expert on electronics or what's out there but I wonder if some sort of 'meaty' powerbank could be used where the power supplied could be supplemented from a solar panel. This would need to be switched off when the engine is turned on - so the powerbank could have its charge topped up.
The problem here is, most people only use their cars for a short period - maybe 1 or 2 hours in every 24, so you'd need to provide a fairly efficient charging system.
Maybe use 2 powerbanks so you can have 1 on charge in the house whilst the other is providing power?

I'm no expert on electronics or what's out there but I wonder if some sort of 'meaty' powerbank could be used where the power supplied could be supplemented from a solar panel. This would need to be switched off when the engine is turned on - so the powerbank could have its charge topped up.
The problem here is, most people only use their cars for a short period - maybe 1 or 2 hours in every 24, so you'd need to provide a fairly efficient charging system.
Maybe use 2 powerbanks so you can have 1 on charge in the house whilst the other is providing power?

There are many battery banks available on the market that have a solar panel built right into them and they are quite popular. The problem with them (as many of us already are aware) is that it is a really poor idea to leave lithium-ion cells roasting in the hot sun. For this reason, I would never personally consider using one of these products even if the convenience seems seductive. On the other hand, it would be quite easy to design a device that would have a small solar panel that is separate from the battery bank keeping it charged up whenever the sun is shining. Of course, this is the same way every residential electric solar panel system works and doing this is a vehicle would simple be a miniature version of this.

solarbank.jpg

batterycharger-.jpg

There are many battery banks available on the market that have a solar panel built right into them and they are quite popular. The problem with them (as many of us already are aware) is that it is a really poor idea to leave lithium-ion cells roasting in the hot sun. For this reason, I would never personally consider using one of these products even if the convenience seems seductive. On the other hand, it would be quite easy to design a device that would have a small solar panel that is separate from the battery bank keeping it charged up whenever the sun is shining. Of course, this is the same way every residential electric solar panel system works and doing this is a vehicle would simple be a miniature version of this.

View attachment 11289

View attachment 11290

Well then maybe something like that would work well (in summer it easily reach 49/50° inside the car)
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Folding-7W-S...1064?pt=Altro_per_la_Casa&hash=item3cea263838

Back