Parking mode - recording all night???

Tim Watts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just installed a DR650GW-2CH with permanent power via a Power Magic Pro.

I though it was only supposed to record to SD if there was either a shock or motion? Just having looked, I have files all night long. This is a quiet area and no obvious visual stimulus in the few that I just checked from 2am.

The unit is going into parking mode correctly (recordings are flagged as such in the app).

I have now turned the Motion Detection sensitivity down to 15 from the default, and for a time it seemed to be recording less. But last night, it went back to recording more or less continuously (so it seems, I have not had the chance to check lots of recordings - but the file timestamps are every minute.

This is in a dark unlit and quiet area and I cannot see anything that might be triggering it.

What sensitivity do you folks use?

Cheers,

Tim

The motion detector is incredibly sensitive, it may just be a leaf falling, or bush/tree moving in the wind, I think mine is turned down to about 1 or 2.

The motion detector is incredibly sensitive, it may just be a leaf falling, or bush/tree moving in the wind, I think mine is turned down to about 1 or 2.

Wow - that's low!

OK - I'll give it a try and see what gives. Thank you sir!

But last night, it went back to recording more or less continuously (so it seems, I have not had the chance to check lots of recordings - but the file timestamps are every minute.

Mine does the same - continuous recording - I thought that's what was supposed to happen, mines in a garage with no lights or any movement at all so I wouldn't have thought changing my sensor settings would have made a diference - I'd be interested to see what happens with yours...

Mine does the same - continuous recording - I thought that's what was supposed to happen, mines in a garage with no lights or any movement at all so I wouldn't have thought changing my sensor settings would have made a diference - I'd be interested to see what happens with yours...

Not as far as I know. It's supposed to watch all the time, but only write to card if "something" happens.

The motion detection is probably the answer. I have my car in a garage, and if I have turned the motion detection to 20-30 it will record if my neighbor opens his garage due to the light changes in the image.

Hello,
I reported at Blackvue for the motion detector sensitivity is less strong in the next firmware.

Ha! Got it... The MINI has a massive flashing red LED on top of the steering column that pulsates all the time the car is locked.

I put a black laptop sleeve over it and it's recording nothing now, except genuine motion. That's with sensitivity set to quite high (40+).

D'oh!

Haha, I wouldn't have guessed that. :)

Back