Parking Mode Settings Clarification

I thought the mirror setting gives a mirror image of the rear video, it is often hard to see that a rear camera is mirrored because that is how you expect it to be if you use your mirror often.
TBH it's not something I've used, but I thought I remembered that from discussions with Mtz and Viofo.

Ok, I just played the parking mode videos again and increased the volume of my speakers and I did hear audio. It just seems that the audio is more quiet with the parking mode videos compared to the normal recording videos. Is this to be expected?
car is parked and assuming with windows up so would be reasonably quiet inside at the time I would think

car is parked and assuming with windows up so would be reasonably quiet inside at the time I would think
Yeah. I guess the reason why I thought that it's noisier when I'm driving is naturally because of the engine's sound.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There are some powerbanks in the 30K mah range. mostly i think they are not marketed higher as their is a max size allowed on airplanes.

again, so there are no settings? how about a motion detetion only setting or something like that? I need the battery to last longer while my vehicle is stored.

How do you guys set a129 for parking mode using powerbank? I have tried powering up a129 thru powerbank, but the entire time it's just recording in full (2mins each file using 16mbps bitrate).

There are some powerbanks in the 30K mah range. mostly i think they are not marketed higher as their is a max size allowed on airplanes.

again, so there are no settings? how about a motion detetion only setting or something like that? I need the battery to last longer while my vehicle is stored.
The sensor is active in all of the parking modes. Either the camera is recording (constant, low bitrate or timelapse) or it is analysing the sensor output for movement. To reduce the power consumption significantly you would need to switch off the sensor and rely on g-sensor activation only, which I don't think is possible on the A129.

@Nigel might know how the A129 power consumption compares to something like the B1W which is one of the most power-efficient cameras I can think of

How do you guys set a129 for parking mode using powerbank? I have tried powering up a129 thru powerbank, but the entire time it's just recording in full (2mins each file using 16mbps bitrate).
If you are using a powerbank the camera will continue in normal recording for at least 5 minutes (without g-sensor triggers or GPS movement) until switching to parking mode.

@Nigel might know how the A129 power consumption compares to something like the B1W which is one of the most power-efficient cameras I can think of
B1W uses about half the power, maybe one third, depending on which firmware you use. But it only has one sensor, not front and rear. Most single cameras use around two thirds of the power.

The only camera I've met that will run for weeks is the Vantrue T2, however that does go to sleep between events and then takes about 3 seconds to wake up and start recording an event. It also wont run on a powerbank, it uses so little power that the powerbank thinks there is nothing connected and turns off! However on a normal car battery, it will probably last 3-4 weeks, and the car battery will go flat due to powering the alarm system etc, not the camera.

I have the same issue, actually I can't decide what solution might be better for my purposes:

Method 1:
Powering the A129 Duo with constant power due to a fuse tap. The car starter battery will be kind of protected by this hardwire kit. It cuts the power of the dashcam when the starter battery has less than 11.6 volt. But I don't think it's very good for the battery if it goes down to 11.6 or 11.5 volt every two or three days. :(

Mehthod 2:
Powering the A129 with a Easy ACC 20,000mAh powerbank which has a pass through function, so it's recharging everytime I drive. With that I was able to record 10 to 15 hours in parking mode, most of the time.

Not regarding the original topic, I always park my car in busy areas, were a lot of people walk by my car und a lot of paring happens. So the best thing for my would be some kind of impact detection, using the g-sensor.

If you are using a powerbank the camera will continue in normal recording for at least 5 minutes (without g-sensor triggers or GPS movement) until switching to parking mode.

I've been testing the parking mode, I have set parking mode to low bitrate recording, but looks like it is recording full. Normal recording is round 170MB = 1 minute, and I left the cam overnight powered by powerbank, I've been watching the recording (no movement, no nothing) but all files were recorded 170MB = 1 minute. Does this mean my a129 is not switching to parking mode? Or did I missed any steps for a parking mode setup using powerbank?

Another question which regards the parking mode kind of.
What happens if the "parking mode" is set "off" and the vehicle is parked but the camera has constant power due to a hardwire kid (only 2 wires). Then someone hits the car hard, so hard that the G-Sensor would detect the impact.

Does ist start recording or not? I guess it does not, right?

Another question which regards the parking mode kind of.
What happens if the "parking mode" is set "off" and the vehicle is parked but the camera has constant power due to a hardwire kid (only 2 wires). Then someone hits the car hard, so hard that the G-Sensor would detect the impact.

Does ist start recording or not? I guess it does not, right?
If parking mode is off, but the camera still has constant power, then the camera will never stop recording. G-sensor will trigger if hit hard enough. Assuming you have not manually turned off the camera.

If parking mode is off, but the camera still has constant power, then the camera will never stop recording. G-sensor will trigger if hit hard enough. Assuming you have not manually turned off the camera.
That's more than reasonable and also makes sense.
Too bad, I always thought if parking mode is off, the camera would recognize from motion and GPS that the car is standing still and will then stop recording.

Back