Parking Mode Settings

LMJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo (not installed yet)
Am powered using a USB Power Bank. What are the best settings for parking mode (and why i.e. pros and cons)?

You can choose "auto event detection" or "Low bitrate" as both have audio, for the "Time Lapse recording", the cons is no audio in it.
If you prefer continuous recording, you can choose "low bitrate".

What are the pros and cons of each?

There is no ‘buffering’ option when using auto detect so for that reason I would recommend low bitrate recoding if you want audio, if not then 5fps recording is adequate and should give you what you need to see in the event of an ‘incident’.

The ‘pro’ of auto detection is that if there is an ‘event’ then it will be easy to find because it should be one of the only recordings, all other modes you would have to go through lots of footage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hijack your thread. Nice explanation of various modes when parked.
Does the camera screen stay on during these modes for parking. I have the 3 WHK on A129 Duo

I have also started to use a powerbank but the camera obviously, always assumes it is in driving mode. Can't see how to switch it to parking mode when it's unplugged from the cigarette lighter and into the powerbank. Missing something obvious I guess.

I have also started to use a powerbank but the camera obviously, always assumes it is in driving mode. Can't see how to switch it to parking mode when it's unplugged from the cigarette lighter and into the powerbank. Missing something obvious I guess.
If using a powerbank, (or plugged into 12v socket and the car is not moving), the camera records normal video for 5 minutes before switching to parking mode.

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack your thread. Nice explanation of various modes when parked.
Does the camera screen stay on during these modes for parking. I have the 3 WHK on A129 Duo

Screen does not stay on, however, REC light will stay on.

Back