parking mode shows inpact, but no files before and after.

John Peiris

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all

I have a F 770, connected hard wire to a cellink B battery.

The problem I have is, a car hit my car, it shows the impact, but does not show any before and after video files, as the licence plate number is not visible on the video file.

No damaged to my car, but could have been worst.

why is the video clip showing the impact so short, only 20 seconds, is there a way to change this.

The file I have as follows.

In parking mode it show a motion detect file in the parking folder.

14:17::04
http://sendvid.com/erkdqwdd

The next files was in the impact folder showing the impact.

14:22::29
http://sendvid.com/98ht38ha

The next file is in the parking folder showing a motion detect.

14:24::51
http://sendvid.com/c1wvmqyd

Where are files in-between, as you can see the licence plate is not shown, it does not show the car driving intot he space or the driver getting out of the car.

If the F770 had 3 folders for parking, one showing motion and the next showing impact and the third showing normal parking footage, then it would have captured the car driving into the parking space.

my setting are.

Parking mode set to motion detect, impact sensitivity hight, motion detect low.

Am I missing something in the settings.

I do like time laps, but it does not show impacts like this with sound.

I had the Blackvue Dr650s which I sold and got this instead due to the time laps feature and better video quality, but now not impressed with this camera.

The Blackue folder will show the impact and files before and after.

Your comments are much appreciated.

Many thanks

When i had a play with motion detection on minimum setting it picked up a person walking across the road about 5m in front of the vehicle. On max it was about 25m. This was a simple test nothing too technical! I suspect the motion detect didn't pick up the car until it was too close to get the number plate. My personal preference is Time lapse recording, the shock sensor would have still picked that up and had the 1 frame per second of the car parking.

Doesn't help but an unfortunate scenario, glad there wasn't any damage to your car.

hi Maddog.

Thanks for your reply.

I have changed the settings back to time lapse, but will try and adjust the sensitivity level to medium/high and see how that works.

I contacted Thinkware through their facebook page

Original message sent:

Hello, thanks for your reply, I have a 128Gb card in the F770,
There is footage from the day of the impact and the day before so I know that files were not overwritten.
It looks like when the dash cam is set to motion, it will only save motion detect files and impact detect files, not files in-between.
Since my motion detect sensitivity is set to low, it does not show the car driving into the parking space which would have shown the license plate number.
It would be nice to have 3 parking modes folders, (like the Blackvue where it has normal driving, event/impact, parking, and motion.
One for motion, the second for impact and the third for continuous parking footage/ time-lapse if users wanted that feature.
1. Is there a way to increase the impact footage time as 20 seconds to me is not long enough.
2. Can the time-lapse fame be reduced to below 1 second say to 30 milliseconds.
As time lapse mode seem to be the best mode for continuous recording, but does not capture detailed impacts and sound.
On a different note, is their plans for the software to be upgraded to show video file with the GPS map built in like the Blackvue software.

Thinkware replied:

The dash cam will only save footage upon impact or motion in Parking Surveillance Mode to minimize power consumption. With the motion sensitivity set to low, it is possible that the recording of the person leaving the vehicle did not trigger the motion sensor and to save the footage Please note that the dash cam will only be able to retrieve 10 seconds before the impact in Incident Recording Mode and is likely why you do not have the file of the vehicle first pulling into the spot.

We also have 3 Parking Surveillance Mode folders - incident footage in Parking Mode, motion footage and Time Lapse recording. The cont_rec folder is for driving footage but as the dash cam does not save all footage in Parking Surveillance Mode, this folder only applies for recordings when the ignition is on.

We currently do not have the option to extend incident footage for longer than 20 seconds. However, if the dash cam detects impact again within the 10 seconds after the initial impact, it will continue to record for up to 1 minute.

Time Lapse frame rate currently cannot be reduced. However, your feedback is important to us and will be forwarded to our technical team for consideration in future updates.

While the GPS map details cannot be reviewed on the mobile app, users have the option on the PC Viewer software. The PC Viewer option is available on our website here: http://www.thinkware.com/Support/Download

We hope this answers your questions!

Kind regards,
Thinkware Customer Support

will still toggle around with motion/time-lapse to see what works best for me,

many thanks for your help

hi Maddog.

Thanks for your reply.

I have changed the settings back to time lapse, but will try and adjust the sensitivity level to medium/high and see how that works.

I contacted Thinkware through their facebook page

Original message sent:

Hello, thanks for your reply, I have a 128Gb card in the F770,
There is footage from the day of the impact and the day before so I know that files were not overwritten.
It looks like when the dash cam is set to motion, it will only save motion detect files and impact detect files, not files in-between.
Since my motion detect sensitivity is set to low, it does not show the car driving into the parking space which would have shown the license plate number.
It would be nice to have 3 parking modes folders, (like the Blackvue where it has normal driving, event/impact, parking, and motion.
One for motion, the second for impact and the third for continuous parking footage/ time-lapse if users wanted that feature.
1. Is there a way to increase the impact footage time as 20 seconds to me is not long enough.
2. Can the time-lapse fame be reduced to below 1 second say to 30 milliseconds.
As time lapse mode seem to be the best mode for continuous recording, but does not capture detailed impacts and sound.
On a different note, is their plans for the software to be upgraded to show video file with the GPS map built in like the Blackvue software.

Thinkware replied:

The dash cam will only save footage upon impact or motion in Parking Surveillance Mode to minimize power consumption. With the motion sensitivity set to low, it is possible that the recording of the person leaving the vehicle did not trigger the motion sensor and to save the footage Please note that the dash cam will only be able to retrieve 10 seconds before the impact in Incident Recording Mode and is likely why you do not have the file of the vehicle first pulling into the spot.

We also have 3 Parking Surveillance Mode folders - incident footage in Parking Mode, motion footage and Time Lapse recording. The cont_rec folder is for driving footage but as the dash cam does not save all footage in Parking Surveillance Mode, this folder only applies for recordings when the ignition is on.

We currently do not have the option to extend incident footage for longer than 20 seconds. However, if the dash cam detects impact again within the 10 seconds after the initial impact, it will continue to record for up to 1 minute.

Time Lapse frame rate currently cannot be reduced. However, your feedback is important to us and will be forwarded to our technical team for consideration in future updates.

While the GPS map details cannot be reviewed on the mobile app, users have the option on the PC Viewer software. The PC Viewer option is available on our website here: http://www.thinkware.com/Support/Download

We hope this answers your questions!

Kind regards,
Thinkware Customer Support

will still toggle around with motion/time-lapse to see what works best for me,

many thanks for your help

I feel we share a similar issue.
Here is my posted issue.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/thinkware-f770-known-issues.28188/#post-325567

Hi John

I also have an F770 and I have the same problem as you with the parking mode. Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky where someone hit my car rather hard which caused some damage. The 20 second video wasn't long enough to capture them driving away and I only got to my car about 12 hours after the incident. Even with the motion sensitivity set to low, the earliest file was from 6 hours ago so the footage was long gone.

Reading your post, I am now considering getting the Blackvue Dr650 or even the BlackSys CH-100B since it has customisable partition settings. Were you able to use the same wires when you upgraded to the Thinkware, or did you have to rewire everything?

oh and here is the video:

One of those videos in the original post contains a virus. Came up with a popup on my iPad :-(

Even with the motion sensitivity set to low, the earliest file was from 6 hours ago so the footage was long gone

What size memory card are you using?

I think the learning here is that people need to test their setups and ensure they're using settings and memory cards sizes sufficient to cover the time they're away from their car.

Also consider TimeLapse mode for longer parking-mode recording periods. During the day my car is in a busy parking deck with vehicle constantly driving by and triggering the motion-based recordings dozens of times in a day.

One of those videos in the original post contains a virus. Came up with a popup on my iPad :-(
Recheck your setup, nothing here even with my popup blockers turned off.

What size memory card are you using?

I think the learning here is that people need to test their setups and ensure they're using settings and memory cards sizes sufficient to cover the time they're away from their car.

Also consider TimeLapse mode for longer parking-mode recording periods. During the day my car is in a busy parking deck with vehicle constantly driving by and triggering the motion-based recordings dozens of times in a day.

The memory card I'm using is a 128GB Samsung with the partition C setting. I did try out the timelapse mode for a few days but was worried that minor incidents would be hard to pick up since it doesn't record sound. The camera would be perfect if it could record in timelapse and then revert to normal recording if the shock sensor detects something or perhaps a more customisable partition setting allowing for more parking footage.

The memory card I'm using is a 128GB Samsung with the partition C setting. I did try out the timelapse mode for a few days but was worried that minor incidents would be hard to pick up since it doesn't record sound. The camera would be perfect if it could record in timelapse and then revert to normal recording if the shock sensor detects something or perhaps a more customisable partition setting allowing for more parking footage.
Hi what does it do at the moment when in time lapse when the shock sensor activates? I thought it records 3 minutes before and after?

The camera would be perfect if it could record in timelapse and then revert to normal recording if the shock sensor detects something or perhaps a more customisable partition setting allowing for more parking footage.

Unless I'm misremembering, the F770 does record in normal mode when the G-shock sensor is triggered in Parking mode.

Easy enough to test that for yourself. Set to parking mode, park at work or home and go in for a couple hours, come out open a door get in, get out, close the door & lock, go back in for a while, then come out and look at the recordings.

If you're getting continuous recording while in motion-detection parking mode, you have it set too sensitive. It should be recording events, not recording all the time. If it is set to the least-sensitive setting and you're parked where people or cars are constantly going by, then it's probably not going to be a workable mode for you in that environment. I tried motion-sensing parking mode and got zillions of alerts because I park in a busy parking garage and there's constantly someone driving or walking by throughout the entire day.

Last edited:
Hi John

I also have an F770 and I have the same problem as you with the parking mode. Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky where someone hit my car rather hard which caused some damage. The 20 second video wasn't long enough to capture them driving away and I only got to my car about 12 hours after the incident. Even with the motion sensitivity set to low, the earliest file was from 6 hours ago so the footage was long gone.

Reading your post, I am now considering getting the Blackvue Dr650 or even the BlackSys CH-100B since it has customisable partition settings. Were you able to use the same wires when you upgraded to the Thinkware, or did you have to rewire everything?

Hi,

Sorry to hear about misfortune with your car.

The F770 has plus side, video recording is better that some dash cams out there, do like the time-lapse parking mode and the speed camera warning.

The down side of the F770, motion recording does not capturer enough footage to show the information that you might require like Licence plate numbers as 20 seconds is not long enough, as in your case if the learner driver does not drive off with in the 20 seconds period you will not get his registration number.

Time lapse is better but does not show finer details as if your car was hit its is very hard to see the impact, if the time-lapse could be turned down to 30 milliseconds then more information would be recorded.

The Blackvbue 650S dual cams which I had and exchanged it for the F770,

The advantages of the Blackvue is the cloud features and you can log on any time and see live footage of your car from the dash cam, when motion recording is on it will record all footage to a folder called parked, and if there is a impact then the impact footage will be in the parked impact folder, so as in your case it will show the impact in the parked impact folder but not the learner driver driving off, but if you looked in the parked folder it would have shown the footage of the learner driver driving off, as all parked footage gets recorded, as in the F770 in motion mode it only records movement or impact only.
Wifi stay on all the time so when you get in the car your device will connect, it carry on recording when wifi is connected unlike the F770 recording stops. you can see live view whilst dash cam is recording.

Blackvue downside video is only 720p, no time-lapse, night recording is ok, but the F770 is better, parking mode is activated by car movement, so if you are sitting in traffic for a while parking mode will activate as in the F770 you have an extra + wire for the dash cam to know when the parking mode is active.

They both have the + and - sides.

But now I am looking to go back to the Blackvue as the cloud, software, mobile phone app, is so much better and is constantly update with new feature, where the Thinkware can be better but lacks these features.

Regarding wiring, the Blackvue uses a cigarette light power source as this was connected to my Cellink battery, the Cellink battery came with the Thinkware hard-wire connector, and the cigarette lighter socket for the Blackvue.
Wiring is easy only draw back is the wire for the rear camera as it uses a different connection so that would have to be done again.

Last edited:
John -- not to hijack the thread, but I'm interested in more of your thoughts on the F770 vs DR650s given you've owned both.

I have an F770 in one vehicle and need to put a dashcam in a second vehicle. I don't have a hotspot in the second weekend/fun vehicle so it'd only have cloud access when parked in my home garage where it's already covered by a home security camera. I like the F770's timelapse mode and that it uses the ACC wire to sense when the vehicle is parked. Hadn't thought of the DR650s going into parking when sitting in traffic, that seems annoying.

If I'm not using the cloud stuff much, don't often use the phone app, and use iMovie for any video clip processing/sharing, what advantages do you feel the DR650S retains?

John -- not to hijack the thread, but I'm interested in more of your thoughts on the F770 vs DR650s given you've owned both.

I have an F770 in one vehicle and need to put a dashcam in a second vehicle. I don't have a hotspot in the second weekend/fun vehicle so it'd only have cloud access when parked in my home garage where it's already covered by a home security camera. I like the F770's timelapse mode and that it uses the ACC wire to sense when the vehicle is parked. Hadn't thought of the DR650s going into parking when sitting in traffic, that seems annoying.

If I'm not using the cloud stuff much, don't often use the phone app, and use iMovie for any video clip processing/sharing, what advantages do you feel the DR650S retains?

Hello GPB

Advantage of DR650s & F770

The Blackvue has 4 folders (N, E, P, M)
N = normal driving
E= event detection whilst driving (i.e. impact)
P = parking recording ( constant recording all the time in parking mode)
M = motion recording (when impact is detected or motion whilst parked)

With the folders broken into 4, you will have constant recording all the time, both F770 & 650s do not have a issue when driving as footage is good on both, the F770 has better night time recording than the 650S.

The Blackvue cloud feature, if your car is out side your house connected to your wifi which is a large radius and you want access dash cam footage on your network, by using Blackvue software you can download video files to PC or MAC without going to the car, plus you can see what is being recorded on your dash cam, using live view.
Notification get sent to your phone in the event of a impact or motion movement, still needs to be connected to wifi to use this feature.

If you are not parked at home or work and do not have access to wifi, a wifi dongle (Mifi) will work and you will get access to footage and notifications.
Blackvue wifi can be turned off by switch on the side, otherwise its always on.

These features are not available on F770 you need to go to the car, start the car so F770 goes in to normal mode as phone will not connect to F770 in parking mode and then download footage, all recording gets stopped when a phone is connected to F770.

Both units will inform you of events when entering car as when you exit car and shut the door, this gets recorded as a event, the Blackvue light will be flashing fast on dash cam to show you that a event was detected.

The Blackvue has only 2 wires in the power cable +red, -black, parking mode activated when car is not moving so if you are sitting in traffic or in car park waiting, parking mode will activate.
F770 has 3 wires +red, +yellow ACC, - Black, when car is turned off and not power is going to Yellow acc F770 goes into parking mode.

Blackvue phone App is brilliant, built in video player no need to download 3rd party player like the F770, on the Blackvue you can can view footages as they are all categorised with the N, E, P, M letters just like the folders as mentioned above. All footage on Blackvue shows thumbnail video footage so its easy to find the right file.
When using the play back feature on the App it shows video and Gps location on Google maps which is built into the App, same features are on PC software.
Only Thinkware software on pc shows this, the Thinkware Phone App does not have this feature.

Blackvue setting allows you to input registration number to all footages (optional) Thinkware does not have this feature

The Blackvue has Two-way Voice Communication with the driver from the app through the BlackVue’s integrated speaker and mic.

The F770 has battery discharge protection built in, the Blackvue does not have this feature.
The F770 has lane departure warning, speed camera warning and forward collision warning, the Blackvue does not have this feature.

Which one do I like ?
I like both, if F770 had some of the Blackvue features and App design then it would be the best dash cam on the market.
If Blackvue had some of the F770 features feature then it would be the best dash cam on the market.

Blackvue has released a new dash cam DR490L-2CH, it has a screen, has same video footage as F770 night and day, only downside is the GPS is external and needs to be purchased separately, they went backwards on that one I think.

If you want the time-lapse feature and not worried about the cloud features then I would go for the F770 but as this original thread was started due to lost footage from motion detecting and not enough detailed in time-lapse mode then I would go for the Blackvue as all this problem would not happen on the Blackvue due to their file save system.

I do like the time-lapse feature on the F770, the night rider strobe effect on the dash cam and the speed camera warnings, as I live in London and that's one thing we have a lot of, Speed Cameras.

I am sticking with the F770 and hope Thinkware will sort out some issues with a new firmware.

This is the reply I got from Thinkware
"We currently do not have the option to extend incident footage for longer than 20 seconds. However, if the dash cam detects impact again within the 10 seconds after the initial impact, it will continue to record for up to 1 minute.

While the GPS map details cannot be reviewed on the mobile app, users have the option on the PC Viewer software"

Last edited:
Advantage of DR650s & F770
Wow, fantastic comparison. Far beyond expectations. The F770 stuff I knew from owning one, but great info to post for those reading this who don't.

A couple of comments:

On my iPhone, the Thinkware app does not need anything else for playing videos. Perhaps things are different on Android? When videos are downloaded over wifi they're held inside the app initially and you have to export to Photos any that you want to do something with.

Correct, there is no GPS map display in the phone app. That hasn't been an issue or limitation for my usage but perhaps may be important to others.

The F770's hardwire kit is as you describe; three wires that go to ground, constant-power, and switched power (ACC). The ACC input merely acts as a signal to switch between continuous and parking modes; you needn't be concerned with power draw when finding a source.

From discussions with BlackBoxMyCar, the DR650S hardwire kit with either MultiSafer or PowerMagicPro involves both a cig lighter socket and plug. Can be a concern in installs with limited space. Obviously a clever person can cut those off and solder on smaller connectors instead, but that then limits the ability to return the device if you dislike it. :)

Also, one significant difference - one can purchase the F770 without the rear camera and then add one later. With the DR650S, you must buy the 2-channel version at the beginning, the single-channel unit doesn't have a rear camera port.

All said, to me it seems the BlackVue hardware is a little more primitive in that it lacks ACC signalling or internal voltage / time shutoff, yet its software is more refined. The F770 is the opposite; more refined hardware but less advanced software.

As you say there is not a clear winner; each has its advantages and the buyer needs to consider which better meets his needs.

Thank you again for your detailed information. My apologies to others for the thread hijack.

Hi John

Be warned!!! (I suck at grammar and punctuation, you've been warned)

After looking closer at this video, I did pick up a constant issue that would cause your clips to overwrite. The Red Alarm Light that flashes triggers the camera. I have been going through all the clips on my 128gb card (Partition C, Motion, All Parking Settings to High Sensitivity) that's 874 max clips it will support for this size card. 5,276 total clips for the past 3 days due to this stupid little light. What I do is place a thick cloth black if possible over that light. It has reduced the recorded motion clips to about 137 clips. Keep in mind, that setting it to timelapse is useless when your car get's hit due to a overload of scenarios. If you go back to review the clips for a license plate, you'll probably be able to catch in of the 3 clips and that is a low %. The car is usually out of frame by that time. The other issue is the ground noise, I've noticed in the other clips that when the ground noise is strong it will trigger a false impact hence the alert and nothing near your car in the clips. I have been testing different methods to block the ground noise and the one that has been almost close to blocking it was the magnet thingy that you wrap power cords around, It looks like a small little twinkie hollow in the middle. I'll post back when I figure this out. I am also testing different external batteries that were not meant for dashcams and they have been working and also killing out the ground noise. Not enough days testing to provide details but it has worked up until now (batteries must output 12v 3-5A). The one that I have used and it's been powering my F770 for 4 days. This is a medical battery that is commercial grade and way freaking better in price for mAH/amps and durability and time. Medistrom Pilot 12 and the Co-pilot (not the Pilot 24 it'll burn the camera) these are Batteries for a CPap machine and are designed to be used as a UPS system and for travel. I have sleep apnea and decided to use my battery it it worked so I can imagine it'll work with any external battery including those little batteries in the newer cars that turn off while stopped, those are 12v as well and also Fios the internet company, they have ups system for the phone service, inside that box is the 12v battery and I've found those on craigslist and other websites of the kind for very cheap. These small batteries have worked to keep the camera powered but keeping it charged through the car has turned out to be more difficult than I originally imagine.

Wow, fantastic comparison. Far beyond expectations. The F770 stuff I knew from owning one, but great info to post for those reading this who don't.

A couple of comments:

On my iPhone, the Thinkware app does not need anything else for playing videos. Perhaps things are different on Android? When videos are downloaded over wifi they're held inside the app initially and you have to export to Photos any that you want to do something with.

Correct, there is no GPS map display in the phone app. That hasn't been an issue or limitation for my usage but perhaps may be important to others.

The F770's hardwire kit is as you describe; three wires that go to ground, constant-power, and switched power (ACC). The ACC input merely acts as a signal to switch between continuous and parking modes; you needn't be concerned with power draw when finding a source.

From discussions with BlackBoxMyCar, the DR650S hardwire kit with either MultiSafer or PowerMagicPro involves both a cig lighter socket and plug. Can be a concern in installs with limited space. Obviously a clever person can cut those off and solder on smaller connectors instead, but that then limits the ability to return the device if you dislike it. :)

Also, one significant difference - one can purchase the F770 without the rear camera and then add one later. With the DR650S, you must buy the 2-channel version at the beginning, the single-channel unit doesn't have a rear camera port.

All said, to me it seems the BlackVue hardware is a little more primitive in that it lacks ACC signalling or internal voltage / time shutoff, yet its software is more refined. The F770 is the opposite; more refined hardware but less advanced software.

As you say there is not a clear winner; each has its advantages and the buyer needs to consider which better meets his needs.

Thank you again for your detailed information. My apologies to others for the thread hijack.

Your welcome GPB, your write up helps as well, you are not hijacking post all comments welcome, this will help a lot of members.

Be warned!!! (I suck at grammar and punctuation, you've been warned)

After looking closer at this video, I did pick up a constant issue that would cause your clips to overwrite. The Red Alarm Light that flashes triggers the camera. I have been going through all the clips on my 128gb card (Partition C, Motion, All Parking Settings to High Sensitivity) that's 874 max clips it will support for this size card. 5,276 total clips for the past 3 days due to this stupid little light. What I do is place a thick cloth black if possible over that light. It has reduced the recorded motion clips to about 137 clips. Keep in mind, that setting it to timelapse is useless when your car get's hit due to a overload of scenarios. If you go back to review the clips for a license plate, you'll probably be able to catch in of the 3 clips and that is a low %. The car is usually out of frame by that time. The other issue is the ground noise, I've noticed in the other clips that when the ground noise is strong it will trigger a false impact hence the alert and nothing near your car in the clips. I have been testing different methods to block the ground noise and the one that has been almost close to blocking it was the magnet thingy that you wrap power cords around, It looks like a small little twinkie hollow in the middle. I'll post back when I figure this out. I am also testing different external batteries that were not meant for dashcams and they have been working and also killing out the ground noise. Not enough days testing to provide details but it has worked up until now (batteries must output 12v 3-5A). The one that I have used and it's been powering my F770 for 4 days. This is a medical battery that is commercial grade and way freaking better in price for mAH/amps and durability and time. Medistrom Pilot 12 and the Co-pilot (not the Pilot 24 it'll burn the camera) these are Batteries for a CPap machine and are designed to be used as a UPS system and for travel. I have sleep apnea and decided to use my battery it it worked so I can imagine it'll work with any external battery including those little batteries in the newer cars that turn off while stopped, those are 12v as well and also Fios the internet company, they have ups system for the phone service, inside that box is the 12v battery and I've found those on craigslist and other websites of the kind for very cheap. These small batteries have worked to keep the camera powered but keeping it charged through the car has turned out to be more difficult than I originally imagine.

Hi Rafael Zavala,

Thanks for your comment, my clips were not overwritten, I have a 128gb memory card, the problem is the F770 when in motion detection mode only records and saves clips when it detects impact or motion but only for 20 seconds before and after impact/motion, so if a car hit your car from the side just like Howdy's video clip and they do not drive off straight away, say they wait for 30 seconds before pulling away, this will not be captured.

With the Blackvue DR650s all parking footage is stored, if a impact/motion is detected then that footage which I think is a 1 minutes long will be moved into the parking impact folder, as all footage is saved to memory card, where in Howdy's incident it would have shown the impact, just like the F770 did, but as the driver took so long to drive off the F770 did not capturer the registration as the footage has finished and save, as for the Blackvue DR650s would have got the Registration number as the footage is constantly recording and would have been saved in the parking folder.
As Thinkware stated ""We currently do not have the option to extend incident footage for longer than 20 seconds. However, if the dash cam detects impact again within the 10 seconds after the initial impact, it will continue to record for up to 1 minute. "
Time-lapse is the only way to get full recording but with reduced information.

regarding the battery, it would be good if an alternative could be found as the Cellink B batteries are very expensive, they use LiFePO4 battery 6000mAh.
I think these are used, https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Rechargeable-Lithium-ion-4S2P-12-8V_60587739628.html

Until one is opened I will not know, as these batteries do have a shelf life, when mine die out I will be opening it up to see if I can replace the batteries instead of buy a new unit as LiFePO4 batteries can be purchased cheap.

keep us updated on how you get along with the battery.

Back