Parking mode stops after a few minutes.

funb0b

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The unit goes into parking mode with icon changing from car to a man, so it's working.

After few minutes the unit goes dark with not lights at all. I've left it for 20mins come back and press the menu button it does nothing, Switch on the ignition it boots up like it's booting from an off state, check the footage and there's nothing. (I've tried this with both auto and low bitartrate modes).

The last recordings will be before it goes into parking mode then after the ignition on and nothing in the middle.

I've checked that the constant live is not timing out, I've waited in the car till the unit goes off and probed the constant feed and it's fine.

Getting a bit frustrated with it now to point off ripping it all out and giving up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You have hit upon the main issue with this model, something that have not been fixed yet.

Do you use HK3 or other power supply? If it's HK3, does the light turns off at the same time as the dashcam?

EDIT: Yep, otherwise you can continue into thread mentioned by @kamkar1.

Do you use HK3 or other power supply? If it's HK3, does the light turns off at the same time as the dashcam?

EDIT: Yep, otherwise you can continue into thread mentioned by @kamkar1.
Yeah it's the HK3 from Amazon.co.uk.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Thing is I'm in the UK the temps here are nothing like Australia is it still the same issue?

Ok, then check if it's not caused by turning off the HK3 due to low voltage.

That's my last check, my battery is only a year old. I've also tried the HK3 on it's lowest 11.8v I think from memory, with the same result.

Gutted as my multi meter is shot, so couldn't check the battery.

I'm going to pull the battery tomorrow and put on charge and re-try. After that I'm going to send it back and get the u1000.

Hi mate,

Do the two red leds stay on all the time in parking mode or should it all go blank?

Cheers.

Back