Parking mode -Street Guardian-Cellink Neo

Donn

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
This is my first post. I'm glad to meet all of you . I hope you can answer a few questions for me . I purchased the Street Guardian SG9663DC and hardwire harness SGDCHW a week ago and installed it in my 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback. The install is very clean , a few tips from others routing the rear camera cable was a big help . I was able to fish it through the rubber conduit between the hatch and the body for a no leak factory install. I have the parking mode time set to 5 minutes and the battery cut out on the harness set to 12.4. I would like to purchase the Cellink Neo for parking mode leaving the starting battery out of it . My questions apply to the output side of the Cellink and the 3 wire dyi harness supplied with it and the SGDCHW harness . Are the outputs internally fused or should a 5 amp fuse be installed in the acc and bat wires coming right out of the Neo to protect the camera wiring ? If I were to set the voltage protector to its lowest 11.8 and the camera timer to 24 hrs what will happen ? Will the Neo be turned off when it hits 11.8 or will the camera timer override the cut off ? The camera harness cut off device brings the 12v down to 5v out and also regulates the battery state of charge for cut out . Is this regulator in line not going to allow the Neo to get to say 9v keeping the 5v cameras running? What is a low voltage for the Neo ? Will I need a different 5v out with no battery cut out ? Thanks for your thoughts . Happy New Year!!!

not an expert on the Neo but what you want to do should be no problem, what the internal batteries go to and still produce 12v output I'm not sure, we have other customers using the DC with the NEO no issue though

Thanks jokiin for your support. I tend to over think things. I'm happy with my set up and I will make adjustments to the cutout and timer when I really need small amounts of parking mode . Maybe Street Guardian can create a harness without the cut out feature - a three wire harness from 12v to 5v for external battery hook up only . Let me know if something like this exists from another manufacturer but compatible with Street Guardians mini usb pin locations . Thanks

Thanks jokiin for your support. I tend to over think things. I'm happy with my set up and I will make adjustments to the cutout and timer when I really need small amounts of parking mode . Maybe Street Guardian can create a harness without the cut out feature - a three wire harness from 12v to 5v for external battery hook up only . Let me know if something like this exists from another manufacturer but compatible with Street Guardians mini usb pin locations . Thanks

there's no other compatible device that I'm aware of, the cutout in the current one won't be an issue though as the Neo will provide 12v up until the point where it cuts off itself anyway

Back