Parking Mode Suggestion

Luke9

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 412gw
I have an suggestion for parking mode on the 412gw. Instead on the g sensor being a firmware version it should be the main g sensor when you are doing normal driving. I don't like it that when you open your car door or boot the camera will then turn on and record. I would use parking mode if it was not for this and it used the main g sensor in the camera and i sure many other people would as well. Please consider making this happen

if the G-Sensor wasn't sensitive enough to detect you opening and closing your door it would never be sensitive enough to work for parking mode

I think the issue here is the over sensitive parking mode.

We've had reports of it going off in an office, overnight, on test, and in a locked garage with no wind, movement, etc. There's something else afoot here.

Well it could keep the existing g-sensor but just build in a 1-2 minute delay after turning the ignition off to allow you to get out of the car

And delay it again for 2 mins before you get in?:ROFLMAO:

Hey at least it’d halve the number of recordings :)

Is there any way to have it sense when you unlock the car?

You can turn auto power off to 2 minutes to do that.

Nothing for getting in the car at the moment though I'm sorry, I'll feed this back though

Isn’t the parking mode always on? Ie it only enables after 5 minutes of non movement. Hardwire kit is only two wire so doesn’t turn off when the ignition turns off because it can’t detect it

Parking mode is always on if you've turned it on.

Auto-power off dictates how long the dash cam runs for after power has been removed, if you set this to 2 minutes then it won't protect the file as you leave the vehicle.

Right - but then you don’t get a parking mode. Sounded like OP still wants parking mode

I was referring to your comment about "in a 1-2 minute delay after turning the ignition off to allow you to get out of the car " there is one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L 412GW 10
J 412GW 7
Z 412GW 7
S 412GW 1
B 412GW 5
Back