Parking mode switch using battery.

Tino

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve finally acquired a Cellink Neo battery and I am using the cigarette lighter connection to a Thinkware F200, however I’m not sure the car actually goes into parking mode. I’ve tried turning the car off and just sitting in it for at least 10 minutes while it’s set to motion detection mode but it just stays in continuous record and never switches from what I can see, is there some sort of audio indication?

Define what you want to go into parking mode. I am not familiar with a Cellink Neo battery.. does "it" go into a parking mode.. your car? Typically the camera goes into what is wrongly termed "parking mode".. It really is "save to memory" "or not".. the camera is on all the time as long as it is powered.

Consider the video recording capacity of your smart phone.. if turned on you see on the screen the action... but.. only records (and saves to memory) when you activate the record button. Same with your dash cam.. it is on as long as it is powered.. but only saves when it detects movement..

What "we" see as motion detection is not what a camera sees as it compares one frame of an image to the next. If the number of pixels change.. it is a change. A blinking light.. a cloud.. a branch.. all can keep the camera recording. Put a piece of electrical tape over the lens to eliminate the movement your camera may be recording. And.. it also stays in recording mode if it detects movement of the car.. you sitting (and fiddling) may be enough to keep that sensor active as well.

To my understanding the cellink Neo is an alternative to hardwiring to a switched power source. When the car turns off the voltage from the cigarette lighter is cut off and the battery pack is automatically engaged to keep the camera powered. However now that the camera has constant power what determines that it will switch from a continuous recording loop while I’m driving to when I’ve parked to use motion detection? (parking mode). I’ve tested to see if the camera will switch to motion detection mode again yesterday by parking and the camera just stays in continuous recording. How does parking mode on the camera engage?

need the three wire power cable so the camera knows when ACC is off
Where can I get the correct wire? And will I need to splice it to a wire included with the battery?

Back