Parking mode time lapse?

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
So just got the camera all set up today and took her out for a test. However looking at the parking mode footage it looks like the camera did not record it as a timelapse. Instead, it just recorded it as normal footage. I did look at the screen and it showed the small clock. Wondering if there is a special way I need to set it up to do the timelapse?

Thanks

what settings have you selected in the parking mode options?

did you hear the double beep when you turned the car off?

what settings have you selected in the parking mode options?

did you hear the double beep when you turned the car off?

I have 5FPS along with 12 hours of recording. I did hear a double beep and saw the clock on the camera. Looking at the footage I got after I installed it in my garage it seems like it is in timelapse however the footage of when I was at the grocery store was all normal recording.

Interesting so watching all the clips the first clip was recorded as a time lapse but the rest were not, not sure if that's any help or not

did you turn the camera off and back on by any chance? if you do power off and back on it will come on in normal recording mode, not timelapse

I'll double check using your settings in case there's a bug

did you turn the camera off and back on by any chance? if you do power off and back on it will come on in normal recording mode, not timelapse

I'll double check using your settings in case there's a bug

I only turn it off when I'm home. I do have auto restart on, I wonder if that may be causing the issue. I thought auto restart was to restart the camera in an event it was not recording for whatever reason.

I thought auto restart was to restart the camera in an event it was not recording for whatever reason.

correct, would only change to normal mode if it restarted, a card error could do that but not often that would happen, have set one up with your settings now to test

correct, would only change to normal mode if it restarted, a card error could do that but not often that would happen, have set one up with your settings now to test

Yea so I turned off the auto restart and that seems to have fixed it! :D

Back