Parking mode - Timer Power Off

Sergiosmvc

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hi

I have one suggestion to @viofo:

It will be nice if in the next firmware version exists one option for auto shut down timer when the cam is on parking mode.

The options could be 1h step to 24h max

Thanks

Last edited:
If you want a user to see and be notified of a post or thread, you need to put the @ symbol in front of their name. Like this @viofo

Agreed. I have both the SG dc pro and the a129 pro... Learning a lot of differences...... But definitely needs a timer for parking mode.

@viofo if not done already for the beta or upcoming firmware can we get a power button functions for 3 wire mode ? IE. Parkin secure garage, don't need parking mode, don't want to unplug it all the time, Press and hold the middle button for 2-3 seconds to shut it off. as well as the timer function ;)

This can be done with the 3 wire on the SG DC.

Last edited:
What battery life will be left in the car when the parking mode is on and using the old hardwire kit?

What power does the camera have in parking mode?

Classic parking with normal movement, can I count on two or three days?

What battery life will be left in the car when the parking mode is on and using the old hardwire kit?

Hi, here's a very nice video made by @BCHobbyist

To calculate the exact amount of time the camera will run before draining your car battery, you should consider a wide range of variables (battery capacity, battery state, recording frame rate, etc.).
I've never tested it by myself but, from what i've learned reading this forum, leaving your camera recording for 2 or 3 days isn't really safe. You are going to discharge your battery completely or shortening its life.
Unless you use a 3-wire kit...

100% battery = 12.6V

75% = 12.4
50%= 12.2
25% = 12.0
Battery Dead = 11.8V.......

You have a voltage cutoff on the 3 wire hardwire kit. I run 12.2 on mine. It's about the lowest you want to go. 12.4 is very fickle, as unless you have a new battery, the camera will be cut off rather quickly. 12.2 would be recommended for MOST if not all people.

Back