Parking mode toggle to normal recording

Madly

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello,

I recently bought a Viofo A119 v3 essentially for parking mode, my car is parked for a long time.
So the dashcam is plugged into a powerbank.

The dash go into parking mode (timelapse) for the night (I start it manually at night & stop it the next morning).
>> Problem : parking mode toggles into "normal recording" several times even if the car is parked.
This generates lot of files. I would like to have only one timelapse file.

Can you explain me of should I set the dash for this behavior please ? :)
Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Capture du 2022-03-07 09-44-34.png
    Capture du 2022-03-07 09-44-34.png
    195.6 KB · Views: 6
There may be a problem with your DVR settings. :unsure:
What firmware do you have installed?

Last edited:
Hello, I have the v2.4 firmware.

I notice if there is a movement in front of my camera, or lights turn on in the parking -> parking mode toggles to normal mode recording.
Reading the user manual, I saw we can plug cable to the side of the camera or on the GPS mount.

It's actually plugged into the side of the cam, not GPS.
Can it affect parking mode ?

So you have a motion sensor enabled.
Where the cable is connected does not matter.

Hello Karagandinez,

Thank you again.
I just came back from my car, and check the settings :

- Parking mode : Time lapse 10fps
- Enter parking mode timer : Off
- Parking G sensor : Low sensitivity
- Parking Motion detection : Low sensitivity (cant be off)
- Time lapse recording : Off
- Motion detection : Off
- GPS : Off
- G sensor : Off

What is wrong ? :/
I would like to record like this video :

I'm using a low bitrate recording in a parking lot. Here I found a post of one user about timelapse. Read it, it might help.

Poking around in the menu, I was interested in the item "interval shooting". As a result, I connected the power bank to the DVR with a standard cable (not NK3) through the standard GPS module, stupidly pulled the USB out of the cigarette lighter and connected it to the power bank, set the "interval shooting" menu to 1 sec and got a recording of 1 minute video files with real time in 30 minutes (accelerated recording), i.e. 1min in inter-recording mode 1 sec=30min real time.
In principle, here I got a parking mode like a time-lapse, connected to a power bank with a regular standard cable (not NK3). The interval recording value can be changed from 100ms to 10 minutes.
Bottom line: who does not have a NK3 cable, but suddenly it becomes necessary to connect the DVR in the parking lot, then use the power bank by connecting it to the standard cable and selecting the "interval shooting" mode in the menu for no more than 1 second. After starting the car, do not forget to turn off this mode, because. while on the move, it will continue to record at a faster rate.
PS: I forgot to add that the recording in the "interval shooting" mode is WITHOUT sound.

I wrote that I personally use a low bitrate recording in a parking lot.
And in the quote of the previous post, the settings for another parking mode. Try them.

Back