Parking Mode Turns Off

mrnbooc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All, I have a Blackvue 750s 2ch and the issue I have is when the dash cam enters parking mode and the car is sitting there. If I have to go to the car and open the door the parking mode will turn off and/or the camera will say powering down. I have let it sit to see if it will reconnect to parking mode after a few minutes but it seems to power down completely.

Anyone seen this before or know if it is a setting issue?

What type of car do you have, there might be an issue with BMW's software thinking that if it uses electricity to open the door then it cannot power the added load of the camera.

I have a 2017 Dodge Chager.

I have the dashcam hardwired through a Power Magic Pro.

Thanks,

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What voltage do you have your power magic pro set to cut off the power? It might be that when you open the door the car “prepares” for tou by activating keyless sensors, starting the lighting etc which gets the battery voltage to less than your preset 12.5V. Open a bonnet before you do enter the car the next time and let someone measure the voltage on your battery during the unlocking of the door. If it really is your battery you might need an extra battery for your dashcam.

That's a good idea. I didnt think of that. I have it set for 12.5.......but I am planning on running a dual battery setup in the very near future just for my "accesories".

But, I will check into testing the voltage drop and trying maybe setting the power magic pro to 12 then 11.5 to see if that same thi.g happens.

Thanks for the input...that was a good jolt to the brain.

[emoji846]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The first thing to do is set it to 12V. Pretty much any current draw from a car battery after it has been standing for a while will reduce it's terminal voltage below 12.5. Why on earth BV included 12.5V in the options, who knows.

Update

After a few days of testing and changing settings, I went a purchased a cigarette lighter USB phone charger that has a battery voltmeter. I did this being curious based on some of the responses on the battery. What I am finding is the battery charge is sitting around 11.8-11.9. So I am guessing that the PMP isn't a factor because even setting it to 12V the battery is below that. So my next thought is to upgrade the battery. The one in the car is about three years old so it is getting close anyway but my curiosity is getting to me . :)

PMP voltage measurement might be +- 0.2V so I wouldn’t rule that out. In my car I believe the cigarette lighter has a stabilised voltage and doesn’t show the state of the battery properly.
Simple test for you - put the battery on a charger (while still in car so no high voltage) and see whether the parking mode stays on if voltage is sufficient.

Have a look in your cars manual to see what the (presuming) cigarette lighter does powerwise when opening/closing doors. Mine does the same as yours when i open my door and its because the power is turned off to the cigarette light socket.

Back