Parking mode turns on when driving.

Aft4life

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just installed my f770 with the new cellink neo. I connected the cellink to a 20 amp window fuse using an add-a-fuse. The new fuse is a 5 amp fuse. The other wire is a groiund. It seemed to be working when I installed it (switching from parking to continuous with the ignition being turned on or off). The next morning the car battery was dead. I jumped the battery. Now the car will start in continuous when I start is and after a couple minutes, it switches to parking mode while I'm driving. It obviously is a wiring issue or power issue. Any ideas? The cellink neo is charged.

if you get up to a dead battery in the car suggests you have something hooked up wrong, the whole idea of the cellink battery is to not have that happen, I'd definitely go over your wiring again

Ya, I understand it can be the wiring. I've checked it over and over. Fuses are working correctly. It's plugged into fuse that's only powered when the ignition is on. But now I'm discovering that the wifi button isn't doing anything (meaning it won't turn on so I can't connect to my phone) and the format button isn't working (yes, I'm holding it down for more than 4 seconds). Both worked last night but not today. When I power it up it goes into continuous mode and then 10 seconds later it switches to parking. When I shut the engine off nothing happens (it stays in parking mode. My neo did charge back up. The whole thing is wierd. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

would really need to see a wiring diagram of how you have it connected now to be able to offer any thoughts, the camera needs to see a permanent power feed and an accessory switched feed to be able to change between regular and parking mode, if this isn't working that would suggest something there is not setup correctly

Update: I spoke with Stewart in the service dept at blackboxmycar.com (excellent customer service). We discussed the wiring and it appears to be wired correctly. He said there is a recall on the cellink neo. They are waiting for a shipment of new batterys. In the meantime they are sending me a new wiring harness from battery to camera to try. He said the wifi and format buttons will not work if it is in parking mode so he thinks the problem lies with the cellink or wiring harness. It's a little frustrating to not have it working out of the box but blackboxmycar.com is taking good care of me. Hopefully ill have it up and running in another weak or so.

Update: I spoke with Stewart in the service dept at blackboxmycar.com (excellent customer service). We discussed the wiring and it appears to be wired correctly. He said there is a recall on the cellink neo. They are waiting for a shipment of new batterys. In the meantime they are sending me a new wiring harness from battery to camera to try. He said the wifi and format buttons will not work if it is in parking mode so he thinks the problem lies with the cellink or wiring harness. It's a little frustrating to not have it working out of the box but blackboxmycar.com is taking good care of me. Hopefully ill have it up and running in another weak or so.

Is this all the detail he gave about the recall? I've just purchased 2x Cellink Neo units for tomorrow delivery!

Is this all the detail he gave about the recall? I've just purchased 2x Cellink Neo units for tomorrow delivery!
I'm not sure if you're buying from the same company as I did but he said they didn't get a shipment of batteries this week because of the recall but they are expecting the new batteries to arrive today (Monday 1/22). The recall was because the batteries were not discharging or charging appropriately.

When I first plugged my unit up it seemed to work as advertised. By morning our car was dead. I still cant figure out how that happened because the unit was hooked up the the cellink and the battery to a on/off fuse. AND I had my camera turned off because I was parked in my garage.
The next night I unplugged the unit completely and by morning, the cellink went from full charge to 74%. I hooked it up to the fuse and started the car to see if it would charge. After 10 min it was still at 75%. The whole thing is crazy. Hopefully you didn't get one of the bad batteries. Keep an eye on it.

Thanks @Aft4life - I'm in the UK. Hopefully we're not impacted but this. I've just replace both batteries - the Audi had been due for a while but the Ford, with Start Stop didn't like the Parking Mode of the F800Pro so it too needed replacing.

Back