Parking Mode Use

Covo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Orange menu GS1000 (died), now Mini 0805 GPS
Hi all. I've had a Mini 0805 for almòst 4 years. That one didn't have parking mode but it's now in my wife's car and I have a new 0805 which does have parking mode. It initially had problems with the video in normal mode being very washed out, but after a firmware update it's all good.

Now I'm trying to work out what's needed to make parking mode work in the new one. I do gather from other threads I've read that parking mode on the 0805s isn't very good, but I'd like to at least try it myself to see whether it's suitable for me or not.

I must point out here that this one does not have a battery, but instead a super capacitor. That may or may not make a difference to the usefulness or otherwise of the parking mode. I have no idea. :)

I am aware that, at least with a battery 0805 that to use parking mode it needs to be connected to power. Is it the same with a super capacitor? Or does it need to be wired into Acc for which I believe there are special wiring kits available? Mine was wired in from under the dash when the original 0805 was installed 4 years ago so it only comes on with the motor running.

Unfortunately my particular model of car (an Australian built GM product sold in the USA about 10 years ago as a Pontiac G8) has a reputation for battery drain. Due to the aftermarket alarm, GPS tracker etc I have on my car, even with expensive big car batteries my battery struggles to start the vehicle after around 5 days use.

Sometimes I only use my car once or twice per week it's important not to add anything which will add extra drain for the 95% of the time it is locked away in our double garage. I basically only need to use parking mode for the 3 or 4 hours I'm parked at the big shopping centre I go to once or twice per week.

My questions therefore are

1. What do I need to use parking mode?

2. How do I set things up so I don't have parking mode in use while the car is locked away in our double garage for days at a time but only for the 3 or 4 hours I may be parked at the shopping centre?

3. Which Parking Mode option do I use?

Thanks in advance,
Gary

Back