Parking mode videos - Appears to have none? And no buffering?

Tomecho2

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all, installed an A129 Duo hard-wired and I'm browsing the videos via the Viofo app. I have Parking mode on with Auto Event Detection on, and sensitivity on low. G sensor is also on. Firmware V2.2

There are three tabs. All videos. Locked videos. Parking videos.

However, there are no parking videos. They are all in the "All videos" or "Locked videos" tab.

There are videos of my car in parked mode with just regular cars going by on the street, no collision or anything... I would have thought these should be kept in the "Parking videos" tab?

Is this right/wrong?

In addition, my Park mode videos don't have the 15 seconds of pre-movement buffer. For example, one of my Front cam videos already starts with a car in the shot (which was driving past my car from down the street behind to in front and passing me). I would have thought there would be 15 seconds of video prior to the front cam capturing the car in view. Furthermore there is no rear cam video showing this car coming from behind, so did something not trigger? There is a video from the rear cam with the same time stamp record as the front cam ie. the rear video is showing empty street because the car is already in front of my car. I would have thought for a car approaching from behind, that the rear cam would pickup this car's motion and trigger recording first. In fact, it should be that either front or rear should be able to pickup movement and trigger recording?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

I think parking video might be if you use always record low bitrate, normally events created by motion / G - sensor or manual event button end up in the locked folder.

I asume, i have not used parking mode on the viofo camera i have ( A139 ) as i dont have the hard wire kit yet

I have the A129 Pro, so it might me different, but I dont think any A129 is getting the parking mode clips in the parking mode clip tab in the Viofo App.. It ends up mixed in with the all clips tab, unless its a locked clip from hitting a bump or clicking the triangle button, Viofo was supposed to release an update to the APP one of these days I hope. I never see any buffering with any of my parking clips on my two A129 Pro's. I still like the cameras it works very good for me

Thanks for replying.

The buffering thing is the main concern. Because by the time the camera starts recording it's pretty much too late...

Is there a rep on these forums that might care to listen to suggestions?

Tomecho2, I've got the V2.2 firmware as well, and experienced the same behaviour.
There is no recording before the movement detection in AutoEvent mode.
I've tried to walk from left to right in front of my car and immediately from right to left, on the video, I can only see the right to left walk...
AutoEvent mode is useless this way... I've had to switch to Low Bitrate Recording. That is not exactly what I expected from this dashcam :(

Thanks for replying.

The buffering thing is the main concern. Because by the time the camera starts recording it's pretty much too late...

Is there a rep on these forums that might care to listen to suggestions?

1. Firmware version 1.5 is the most favored version as it's reliable and not bloated
2. Don't use Motion Detection with Buffered Parking Mode. Motion Detection is never a very reliable means of capturing an incident.
3. Set camera to low bitrate with Parking Mode (if hardwired or using battery pack). This enables the camera to record in real time, just at a lesser quality.

1. Firmware version 1.5 is the most favored version as it's reliable and not bloated
2. Don't use Motion Detection with Buffered Parking Mode. Motion Detection is never a very reliable means of capturing an incident.
3. Set camera to low bitrate with Parking Mode (if hardwired or using battery pack). This enables the camera to record in real time, just at a lesser quality.
For number 3 which battery pack do you recommend? I want to change my hardwire setup since I have some wires visible and I want to potentially use a battery to reduce load on my cars battery?

I did see another post mentioning using passthrough charging battery packs since you can charge and use them at the same time

For number 3 which battery pack do you recommend? I want to change my hardwire setup since I have some wires visible and I want to potentially use a battery to reduce load on my cars battery?

I did see another post mentioning using passthrough charging battery packs since you can charge and use them at the same time

I hardwire to the fusebox using the 3 wire hardwire kit. I don't personally use a battery pack. A lot of people do use the Cellink Neo's though. You can find them on blackboxmycar.

Back