Parking mode with wiring kit

Bl4ckH4wk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi,Im new here ;)
I had my A800 installed with the wiring kit provided by 70mai, the thing is,even when I programmed the cam to turn off after 5 minutes parking (I assumed that will trigger the parking survilleance mode),the cam is still recording,and the parking mode its not active as far as I can tell....any thoughts?

Do you have a picture of your installation?
Some people said to reset the camera and configure again help, other said some sd cards also generate issues.
In my case afte saying entering parking mode nothing is recorded even after shaking/hit the car...

I gave up on 70Mai parking mode with hardwire back with the 70Mai Pro. All that talk about 3-wire ACC trigger was a scam: it still relied on G-sensor having no activity before activation.

Sounds like the situation hasn't changed with the new models.

Are you sure it dont just have a delay in the change to parking mode, the SG camera i have do have a option for that though i have it set to immediately change.
It could be the 70 mai have the same option just no user option to change it.
Should be able to see so as if you let your car sit in idle and it use G sensor it should change to parking mode,,,,,,,, if it dont do that it is probably 3 wire alright just with a delay that users can not change.

I gave up on 70Mai parking mode with hardwire back with the 70Mai Pro. All that talk about 3-wire ACC trigger was a scam: it still relied on G-sensor having no activity before activation.

Sounds like the situation hasn't changed with the new models.
yes, i confirmed this. same stupid implementation in A800.

yes, i confirmed this. same stupid implementation in A800.

You of all people also went to buy stupid **** like this :ROFLMAO: I got scammed TWICE on Indiegogo when 70Mai was new. I don't know what your excuse is :ROFLMAO:

Note to other readers: sorry if this sounds rude, I've known @Kevin613 IRL for a long time.

I had to reset the camera to factory settings and enable the Parking mode on the first boot of the camera. Not through the APP. That didn't seem to find the hardwire kit althought I have it installed. I find the sensitivity to be wierd. Moving the car will not trigger it, but knocking on the windshield by the cam will do it. Opening the car also trigers it.

G-sensor varies a lot both in implementation and in each individual cam. Most are either too sensitive or not sensitive enough without enough adjustability to get exactly what you want. If yours activates by opening a door it may be too sensitive. I like mine to work just when you regularly close a door or hatch.

As long as you're not getting large amounts of useless locked files you are probably OK ;)

Phil

G-sensor varies a lot both in implementation and in each individual cam. Most are either too sensitive or not sensitive enough without enough adjustability to get exactly what you want. If yours activates by opening a door it may be too sensitive. I like mine to work just when you regularly close a door or hatch.

As long as you're not getting large amounts of useless locked files you are probably OK ;)

Phil
Yeah, is just that I would like to get a video if someone bumps into my car, but it doesn seem liek its going to trigger it.

Yeah, is just that I would like to get a video if someone bumps into my car, but it doesn seem liek its going to trigger it.
I've had a few G-sensors that worked well and many which didn't. The solution would be better formware and perhaps better hardware but nobody seems to be doing that :( I'd like to see motion detect and g-sensor have 10 to 20 steps of adjustment as well as 'off' instead of the 3 steps we get and sometimes no 'off' option.

Having choices is good :cool: Not having them can be bad :oops:

Phil

I found out the hard way (via a friend's experience when trying to help them search for footage of an incident) that too many locked files and no weekly reformat means you'll be left with space for just 1-2 hours of regular footage, and likely by the time you drive somewhere safe and take out the cam/card, you would have lost the footage of a non-impact situation.

The solution would be better formware and perhaps better hardware but nobody seems to be doing that

Actually it just takes a bit of research and "training" with a 3D accelometer for the firmware makers to discern if it's a door, a human bumping the car, a car bumping a car, a hole on the road, etc. But nobody seems to be bothered to do that, they just take the lazy way out to read the magnitude and be done with.

Actually it just takes a bit of research and "training" with a 3D accelometer for the firmware makers to discern if it's a door, a human bumping the car, a car bumping a car, a hole on the road, etc. But nobody seems to be bothered to do that, they just take the lazy way out to read the magnitude and be done with.
It's not about being bothered, or laziness, it's not something that is infinitely adjustable, or can be tuned for multiple different but similar situations and be able to discern which is which, feel free to submit your code if you think otherwise

It's not about being bothered, or laziness, it's not something that is infinitely adjustable, or can be tuned for multiple different but similar situations and be able to discern which is which, feel free to submit your code if you think otherwise

This academic paper looks like a good start, but the amount of maths and processing involved might be a bit too much to load onto a dashcam SoC which is mostly concerned with reliable video encoding, GPS and time stamp embedding. There are silicon to offload this such as that employed by Apple since iPhone 5S (M7 motion co-processor), but I doubt many dashcam buyers are willing to pay extra for something you can't really put down as a clear feature in a spec sheet.

Robust Algorithms for Estimating Vehicle Movement from Motion Sensors Within Smartphones (odu.edu)

I am reading in other forums that setting could be the issue?
About the high sensitivity/low? Maybe is the way arround and need to be on low?
anyone can help?
Does anyone know how to make the sensor more sensitive?
54D2D2D5-04CD-4059-A126-3B04DF9C7902.jpeg

Last edited:
Back