Parking Mode without Hardwire kit?

dc9mm

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since my power port always has power with the A119 V3 has GPS Module with firmware 2.0 will it go into parking mode? Mine doesn't seem to be able too.
Parking Mode set to: Auto Event Detection
Enter Parking Mode timer set for: 90 seconds
Parking Recording Timer set to: ON
Parking G sensor set to: High Sensitivity
Parking Motion Detection set to: Low Sensitivity
Motion Detection set to: OFF

I have a battery coming to have it run off that which has Pass Through tech so it will charge battery while driving to keep it topped off but for now I was just trying to see if I can get parking mode to work powering off Power Port on car that always has power. So far cant get it to work. It just keeps running and recording all to the sd card like I was driving.

I thought it would see no movement from GPS go into Parking mode and record BUT not right anything to card unless it gets set off my G force. It would buffer video to internal memory then right to card in event of G force event telling it to right to SD card then and only then . But it just recorded and wrote everything to SD card. I have only tried it a few times . . I let car sit for half hour thinking it would go into Parking Mode But it never did. just kept recording the whole half hour to SD card.

Will it only go into Parking Mode if I use Hardwire Kit?

Changed Parking Mode Detection to HIGH sensitivity and it seems to be working now.

Following. I also use a USB battery pack with Pass Through (ADATA) . I could not get Parking Mode to work with Firmware 2.0, but did not try HIGH Parking Mode Detection, so downgraded back to Firmware 1.03 build 20190911 and have it working perfectly. I would be interested to know if you are able to get Parking Mode working with your battery pack and that HIGH setting. Another reason for downgrading the firmware was that I thought the image quality was not as good: soft with less saturated colours.

Nothing worked with pass through for Park Mode It created missing time between clips BUT unrelated to battery pass through as i took battery out of it for a while. . I now have had other issues in another thread. BUT NOW I have a beta firmware 2.1 and Park Mode works if set to Low Bit Mode with pass through battery .. Low Bit Mode it keeps recording to card BUT the file size is reduced to about 1/6 the size in normal mode. Goes into Park Mode in about 2 to 3 minutes as you can see it from file size reduction and comes out of Park Mode in about 20 seconds once moving again. Again can tell by file size of each video clip. So iam good with that.

Nothing worked with pass through for Park Mode It created missing time between clips BUT unrelated to battery pass through as i took battery out of it for a while. . I now have had other issues in another thread. BUT NOW I have a beta firmware 2.1 and Park Mode works if set to Low Bit Mode with pass through battery .. Low Bit Mode it keeps recording to card BUT the file size is reduced to about 1/6 the size in normal mode. Goes into Park Mode in about 2 to 3 minutes as you can see it from file size reduction and comes out of Park Mode in about 20 seconds once moving again. Again can tell by file size of each video clip. So iam good with that.
Thanks for the update and I am pleased to hear you have a setup that works for you.

Back