Parking mode X2??

HarryO

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking to buy a new X2 but have a couple of questions...
Has anyone had success with implementing a motion detect parking mode with the X2? If so, are there any issues with leaving the camera powered continuously? And speaking of power does anyone know the power requirements (watts or current draw) for the X2? Thanks in advance for all or any replies.

Hello, the SGGCX2 is better powered via switched power source so it records when you start the engine and powers off when parked. That's how most people setup this model

If you want to record a bit longer once you park you should get the Vico-Power PLUS to power things. It has low voltage cut-off, high-temperature cut-off, and timer cut-off. For example, I have mine set to record an extra 30 minutes per parked event. If I need it to record a bit longer for a special occasion I can flip a switch to turn off the timer.

I wouldn't let it record 24/7, way too hard on the vehicle battery life and memory card. Plus if it's a super hot day could exceed rated operating temps.

If you want automatic parking mode with a low frame rate, low power mode operation you should look into getting the SG9663DC. It's a full dual channel system thought. There is a new SGDCHW 3-wire hard wire kit being developed that will activate the special parking mode function. (internally beta testing the SGDCHW now) The first system it will be compatible with is the SG9663DC. You should see additional new single-channel products this year that will also be compatible with the pending SGDCHW

Thank you for that explanation. I didn't realize the CX2 ran so hot and depending on location if it's in motion sensing mode the camera may never turn on. What use is there for the motion sensing mode in a CX2 if the camera only works well when the car is moving? I don't worry about auto battery drain as they're rated quite high.
I considered the SG9663DC but I just don't want to rip apart my new suv to run the rear camera wires and I have yet to see a clean install on my model car. I was actually thinking of buying two of the same cameras to implement dual cameras because the 12v is easily available at the rear, but two SG9663DC's is a tad exxy.
Again, thank you for your reply.

Last edited:
Thank you for that explanation. I didn't realize the CX2 ran so hot. However, what use is there for the motion sensing mode in a CX2 if the camera only works well when the car is moving?
I considered the SG9663DC but I just don't want to rip apart my new suv to run the rear camera wires and I have yet to see a clean install on my model car. I was actually thinking of buying two of the same cameras to implement dual cameras because the 12v is easily available at the rear, but two SG9663DC's is a tad exxy.
Again, thank you for your reply.

Hot was referring to what happens when parked in the sun and recording.

I have a few spare main cameras only I can sell you discounted if you want a SG9663DC in single channel mode. Private message or email me for details.

I have a few spare main cameras only I can sell you discounted if you want a SG9663DC in single channel mode. Private message or email me for details.

Sounds good, but from your original reply, the SGDCHW 3-wire hard wire kit will be needed to activate the parking mode function on that camera as well? Does that imply different firmware from the single channel you're offering?

Sounds good, but from your original reply, the SGDCHW 3-wire hard wire kit will be needed to activate the parking mode function on that camera as well? Does that imply different firmware from the single channel you're offering?

firmware is the same, functionality is in the firmware already, we're just waiting for the hardwire kits to be completed

firmware is the same, functionality is in the firmware already, we're just waiting for the hardwire kits to be completed

Jokiin,
Sorry for late reply had to get sleep.
Anyway, is the 3 wire kit just 3 wires were there is a ground and a full time 12v source and an accessory/keyed 12v source, all with an external 12 to 5 voltage regulator in that line also?
Do you have a guesstimate on the availability of the SGDCHW? My need is soon.
Again thanks for your helpfulness.

The hard wire kit will be stand alone so yes it will have a 12 - 5 V step down of its own, and as far as i know it will be 3 wire on the 12 V side of things like you say.
There may be some smarts in it too i assume.
I have no idea of a ETA, but the kit should be very high on the mind / factory to do list, lets hope the new batch of test samples are okay and so can get the GO ASAP.

The hard wire kit will be stand alone so yes it will have a 12 - 5 V step down of its own, and as far as i know it will be 3 wire on the 12 V side of things like you say.
There may be some smarts in it too i assume.
I have no idea of a ETA, but the kit should be very high on the mind / factory to do list, lets hope the new batch of test samples are okay and so can get the GO ASAP.

My guess is that the cleanest logic for the firmware would be to use full time 12v as the main power source and the 12v accessory/keyed power as the signal to exit/enter parking mode. Seeing as how the parking mode logic is allegedly already in the firmware of the camera all anyone would need is the connector pinout to make their own cable.

I am not sure its that simple, but sure your argument are good, also the lines i would be thinking along.
BUT if it was that simple then the hardware kit should already be here, so that's why i wrote there might be some smart stuff in it too.

I often tend to make things too simple, like sensors, they have standards of the format they unload data in and so to it it seem strange why you cant just use any old sensor as long as long as it talk a language the SOC understand.
But apparently its not that simple.

Can we re-establish communications so that I can purchase one of the new single channel SG9663DC's that you have?
Thank you.

Anyway, is the 3 wire kit just 3 wires were there is a ground and a full time 12v source and an accessory/keyed 12v source, all with an external 12 to 5 voltage regulator in that line also?
correct

Do you have a guesstimate on the availability of the SGDCHW? My need is soon.
there was a problem with the last samples so just waiting on updated samples for testing and approval before we do production, hopefully if all goes well that will be happening next month

Looking to buy a new X2 but have a couple of questions...
Has anyone had success with implementing a motion detect parking mode with the X2? If so, are there any issues with leaving the camera powered continuously? And speaking of power does anyone know the power requirements (watts or current draw) for the X2? Thanks in advance for all or any replies.
Take a look at the parking mode on the DDPai mini range. Even the mini 1 does everything that you could dream of. It automatically goes into parking mode after you've been stationery for 10 or 15 minutes and then goes back to normal recording either by the G sensor or by motion detection. You can set the parking mode to time out / turn off after an hour, six hours or infinity. It seems to me like they've got it sorted

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D SGGCX2 10
alexsoll SGGCX2 97
Back