Parking mode

101uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to get the parking mode feature working properly but I am having trouble.

Here are the conditions which I think need to be met for parking mode to work:

The camera needs to be powered and switched on constantly, i.e I cant set it to auto power off and expect it to work when parked.
Motion detection needs to be enabled.

Is there anything I'm missing? It seems that the motion detection settings are either too low or too sensitive and thats between medium and high. For instance I get no activations when on medium but constant activations on high.

I would be grateful for any advice

I'm trying to get the parking mode feature working properly but I am having trouble.

Here are the conditions which I think need to be met for parking mode to work:

The camera needs to be powered and switched on constantly, i.e I cant set it to auto power off and expect it to work when parked.
Motion detection needs to be enabled.

Is there anything I'm missing? It seems that the motion detection settings are either too low or too sensitive and thats between medium and high. For instance I get no activations when on medium but constant activations on high.

I would be grateful for any advice

I haven't delved into using the Parking Mode feature because the way I see it you really don't have much to capture since you're just pointed in one direction. What about the other areas your camera can't capture within its recording view? Unless you have multiple dash cams or another recording device that can record in 360 mode or a device that follows moving target, then that would be a different story.

Since Parking Mode doesn't really work that great with this Mini 0805 unit (as mentioned by jokiin), I would say your best setup would be to have it discreetly loop recording (or not loop recording if you have a higher capacity memory card) powered by an external power source like a portable battery charger.

i've had my mini 0805 powered for a few days at a time on high motion detect as a test. when in parking garages, it manages to do pretty well since vehicles aren't going more than 20-25 MPH (hopefully). in these cases, it will start recording when vehicles or people are in the first 1/4 of a frame. it's definitely not bad. if this is used on street parking where vehicles are traveling much faster, recording may not start until that object is in the last 1/4 of the frame. way too late to be useful except that you'll probably still be able to identify the make/model of the car.

as far as reliably using this as opposed to true buffered parking mode, it's no contest. i wouldn't trust the 0805 to capture anything more than a low speed parking lot bumper kiss. i find that the camera sometimes becomes unresponsive after a few hours when in motion detect mode whereas it will reliably continue to record during a long road trip on "always on" mode. i'm not sure what the cause is behind this, i know it's not because of the loop function since i've pulled the card after these incidents and found a half full card.

I'm finding the same thing as you've just mentioned. Fine in always on mode connected to 12v, but if I put it into parking mode or motion detect (terms used interchangeably) then in the car it'll work for 0-48 hours okay and then crash. i have two cameras and they both do this exactly the same. They both have GPS and the same settings to capture GPS, stamp it on the video, stamp time etc. The 12v is permanent and connected to the GPS mount on the window. So it's annoying when they crash and need to be reset.

However, when I put them in my office with the same settings they ran fine. So it's either the fact that the 12v is plugged into the GPS mount instead of the camera body, or it could be something to do with the GPS settings when the camera is moving about. These are the only differences and something is causing it to crash outside of a static environment like my office. So at the moment I've switched off the GPS setting, g-force setting and time and date stamp, basically so it's just a basic recorded video on motion detect, 12v feed still into GPS mount, and we'll see what results we get after a few days. It may be the GPS mount and that I need to put the 12v feed into the camera body.

It's definitely strange how it works fine when the mount isn't connected.

The 2nd of the two cameras I have kept turning itself off randomly between 30 mins and 2hrs on motion detect mode. Since turning off all these settings such as GPS and g-force it's been running now for 24 hours without a hiccup in my office. Only time will tell but it's the longest the camera has run for. This one I bought new and I've been in talks with the seller about returning it. As a side note it also has really crap audio, you can hear the audio, just, but there's a mechanical noise over the top of it. Something wrong with the microphone probably.

Back