Parking mode

I want my camera to start recording even when it detects the slightest movement in parking mode
But I need to remind you that it starts recording after G-sensor was triggered by impact, but not by motion detection!

I hardwired the dashcam to the radio fuse on my Mitsubishi ASX. This fuse gets 12v even with the car turned off so it's good for parking mode.
But I have a problem. I stop the recording before turning off the car. But when I leave and close the car the dashcam starts recording again as if the car has been turned on.

Why does this happen?

When I close the car the warning lights blink once and the side mirrors fold, maybe the voltage fluctuates too much[emoji848]

By the way I have the new beta firmware.

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk

I hardwired the dashcam to the radio fuse on my Mitsubishi ASX. This fuse gets 12v even with the car turned off so it's good for parking mode.
But I have a problem. I stop the recording before turning off the car. But when I leave and close the car the dashcam starts recording again as if the car has been turned on.

Why does this happen?

When I close the car the warning lights blink once and the side mirrors fold, maybe the voltage fluctuates too much[emoji848]

Could it be you're closing/slamming the door to firmly and the camera thinks the car has been bumped?
I also have a Anker Roav camera and the parking mode always records and locks a file when I close the door thinking I've been crashed into, I ended up turning the parking feature off.

Why does this happen?

Could it be you're closing/slamming the door to firmly and the camera thinks the car has been bumped?
I also have a Anker Roav camera and the parking mode always records and locks a file when I close the door thinking I've been crashed into, I ended up turning the parking feature off.
No, because it also happens when I close the car when I'm inside without having to open and close the door.

I stop the recording before turning off the car.
B1W cannot switch normal recording mode to parking mode after engine off, so you should stop recording after the engine off.But Not to stop recording before engine off!

Would it be possible to have two configurations for the g-sensor so that one of them is assigned to the parking mode? If this were not possible, could it be done that when entering parking mode the sensor was automatically set to high sensitivity?

--------------

¿Sería posible tener dos configuraciones para el g-sensor de modo que una de ellas esté asiciada al modo parking? Si esto no fuese posible ¿podría hacerse que al entrar en modo parking el sensor se configurase automáticamente en sensibilidad alta?

Enviado desde mi ALP-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Could I get a copy of the new firmware with the double tap to parking mode too?

Also, having it trigger of the G-Sensor would be the ideal setup!

Could I get a copy of the new firmware with the double tap to parking mode too?

PM you already, please check your inbox message!

Will the firmware with the Double Tap for Parking Mode be part of a future firmware update or just an option being presented now to those of us who like the idea of having it ?

Thanks

Will the firmware with the Double Tap for Parking Mode be part of a future firmware update or just an option being presented now to those of us who like the idea of having it ?

Thanks
Just an option being presented now, and we are working on new parking mode firmware. Will release when it is ready to go!

B1W cannot switch normal recording mode to parking mode after engine off, so you should stop recording after the engine off.But Not to stop recording before engine off!
But if the engine is OFF then the B1W is also OFF if you are using the push in connection to the cigar lighter. So this statement from estore doesn't make sense.

I think most people discussing this have their cams hardwired so they have constant power. Which is required for Parking mode.
But if the engine is OFF then the B1W is also OFF if you are using the push in connection to the cigar lighter. So this statement from estore doesn't make sense.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Just an option being presented now, and we are working on new parking mode firmware. Will release when it is ready to go!
Yet I'm a supporter of switching to parking mode and back without using a G-sensor for this.:rolleyes:
I would suggest making a transition from parking mode with one short push of a button, and leave the entrance to parking mode by double tap.
In this case, even if you mistakenly press, when the B1W is in record mode, you simply lock the file (and there will not be a stopping of the recording, which you may not notice).
And the transition from parking mode to recording mode with one short press is more convenient :unsure:

Thank you very much, I will try it soon and tell you my experience.

Thank you
Could you provide me with a copy of this new Firmware? Thank you

Goodnight,

I have tested the camera with the firmware that double click enters into parking mode and I think everything is correct.

I have not tested the original firmware, so I can not say if it records better or worse but if I have two doubts in the operation that call my attention:

1ª.- When the camera is recording, if the button is pressed and it is not released to enter wifi mode, in many cases the camera keeps the video in progress and should not do so since the button is not released, it is not of a rapid pulsation.

2 .- I have the G-sensor configured in high mode and after making my first trip (1.5 hours) I expected to have blocked some video but it has not happened. I've driven by county road and motorways, I've gone through some potholes, roundabouts, speed bumps, I've taken the garage ramp, etc and nothing, not a single file in the folder \ EVENT \ event_rec.

I have to say that if I tap the camera with my finger while it is graining, it blocks the video, but it has not happened to me driving and I repeat, I have it set to high mode. How can I test if the G-Sensor works correctly, How can I verify that it is well calibrated?

Thank you

He probado la cámara con el firmware que haciendo doble click entra en modo parking y creo que todo es correcto.

No he probado el firmware original, así que no puedo decir si graba mejor o peor pero si tengo dos dudas en el funcionamiento que me llaman la atención:

1ª.- Cuando la cámara se encuentra grabando, si se pulsa el botón y no se suelta para entrar en modo wifi, en muchas ocasiones la cámara guarda el video en curso y no debería hacerlo ya que no se suelta el botón, no se trata de una pulsación rápida.

2ª.- Tengo configurado el G-sensor en modo alto y después de realizar mi primer viaje (1,5 horas) esperaba que hubiese bloqueado algún que otro video pero no ha ocurrido. He conducido por carretera comarcal y por autopistas, he pasado por algunos baches, rotondas, badenes, he tomado la rampa del garaje, etc y nada, ni un solo fichero en la carpeta \EVENT\event_rec.

He de decir que si le doy un golpecito a la cámara con el dedo mientras está granbando, bloquea el video, pero no me ha ocurrido conduciendo y repito, lo tengo configurado en modo alto ¿Como puedo probar si el G-Sensor funciona corectamente, cómo puedo comprobar que está bien calibrado?

Gracias

This is another device I saw mentioned on a car forum in a thread back from 2012. Maybe old news to many dash cam enthusiasts here but unique device that seems was designed for BlackVue dashcams. I just glossed over it's description but seems like it could be very usefule for many here. It looks like it hardwires to both constant and ignition switched power. When turned on it will continually provide power to your dash cam for a set amount of time you program. "6 hour to infinity" You can also select between two voltage cut off values "12V or 12.5V
From the photo it looks like its power output is a common 12 volt cigarette lighter plug so easy to have it work with 12 volt to 5 volt adapters for other cameras. If it does what I think it is claiming it isn't a bad deal for around $25.00 from several sources with shipping.

Specs Link

Magic Power Pro Power Supply

Video link

Install / Configure Power Magic Pro

I have been driving around with G sensor on high for a little while, and its damn rare i get a event while driving though winter and poor maintenance have ben hard on the Danish roads.
Parked i dont have to do much to my car before a event are created, actually so little i thought high winds might trigger a event on my parked car, but so far none of that though we haven't had a storm while i have been playing with this.

Wow just installed it with hardwire and was shocked to find this feature is manual... can I have the firmware for double tap also? Hopefully the gshock mod firmware works. Thanks

Also anyone know how much drain will it cause by leaving it recording with out putting in parking mode? I know it depends on other factors but is it like leaving interior lights on? The non led ones.

Also anyone know how much drain will it cause by leaving it recording with out putting in parking mode? I know it depends on other factors but is it like leaving interior lights on? The non led ones.
If the wi-fi is off then it uses 1 watt, (0.2 amps at 5 volts, 0.1 amps at 12 volts), so less than a decent LED lamp, and about half what most dashcams use. A bit more with the wifi on.

can I have the firmware for double tap also? Hopefully the gshock mod firmware works. Thanks
Please check your inbox message, I PM you this beta firmware already!

Back