Parking mode

We got similar reports from other testers, it is hard to figure out why it! Might not disable motion detection in the beta firmware or something else!
Anyway, we suggest you use this low bitrate parking mode firmware if you parked on the street!

alright will be waiting of a update then. please send me the low bitrate firmware as well.
loving the video quality as well:)
Just to float an idea, if the b1w has a wifi module, is it possible to make it turn itself off when it detects a set wifi network. I don't need it recording in my garage so instead of unplugging it everytime i get home it will switch off when it detects my home wifi, but it'll keep recording when i park on the street. An alternative would be to allow power control through the app and using IFTTT to automate it?

alright will be waiting of a update then. please send me the low bitrate firmware as well.
loving the video quality as well:)
Just to float an idea, if the b1w has a wifi module, is it possible to make it turn itself off when it detects a set wifi network. I don't need it recording in my garage so instead of unplugging it everytime i get home it will switch off when it detects my home wifi, but it'll keep recording when i park on the street. An alternative would be to allow power control through the app and using IFTTT to automate it?
PM you the low bitrate parking mode firmware already

I'd like to try the low bitrate parking mode firmware as well, can you please PM me the link to download as well?

At this point what are you recommending for best results for everyday use, care parked in work parking lot most of the day when not driving?

I have just downloaded the wifi off and the auto parking firmware and I'll try that but if there are any suggestions as to what is working best as of now, please advise and thank you all for your help, estore, you have been a huge help and it is appreciated.

At this point what are you recommending for best results for everyday use, care parked in work parking lot most of the day when not driving?
Better to load low bitrate parking mode firmware if you use it every day and a bigger SD card 64Gb! And PM you download link already!

I have been testing the parking mode with low bit rate for some time and sometimes it does not enter parking mode and it keeps recording with a normal bit rate. In any case, it is difficult to verify if the camera is recording or not in each case. Would it be possible to change the color of the light when entering parking mode? It would be helpful if the light were to be of another color, for example, simultaneously red and green when it starts recording in parking mode. (Firmware version 04.190401.V0)

-----------------
Hace tiempo que estoy probando el modo de aparcamiento con baja tasa de bits y en ocasiones no entra en modo parking y sigue grabando con una tasa de bits normal. En todo caso es lioso verificar si la cámara está o no grabando como corresponde en cada caso. ¿Sería posible cambiar el color de la luz cuando entre en modo aparcamiento? Sería de gran ayuda que la luz se pusiese de otro color, por ejemplo, simultáneamente roja y verde cuando comienza a grabar en modo parking.

I have been testing the parking mode with low bit rate for some time and sometimes it does not enter parking mode and it keeps recording with a normal bit rate. In any case, it is difficult to verify if the camera is recording or not in each case. Would it be possible to change the color of the light when entering parking mode? It would be helpful if the light were to be of another color, for example, simultaneously red and green when it starts recording in parking mode. (Firmware version 04.190401.V0)

-----------------
Hace tiempo que estoy probando el modo de aparcamiento con baja tasa de bits y en ocasiones no entra en modo parking y sigue grabando con una tasa de bits normal. En todo caso es lioso verificar si la cámara está o no grabando como corresponde en cada caso. ¿Sería posible cambiar el color de la luz cuando entre en modo aparcamiento? Sería de gran ayuda que la luz se pusiese de otro color, por ejemplo, simultáneamente roja y verde cuando comienza a grabar en modo parking.
Will have a check tomorrow thanks for your report

It would be helpful if the light were to be of another color, for example, simultaneously red and green when it starts recording in parking mode. (Firmware version 04.190401.V0)
Its led light should change color when the working mode switching, it only lasts for a few seconds, right?

Its led light should change color when the working mode switching, it only lasts for a few seconds, right?

No. At the beginning, when it is connected to the current, it turns green for 2 or 3 seconds and then turns to flashing red. After 3 minutes without moving the car the red light remains fixed for another 3sg approximately and it is intermittent again but there is no change of color. When starting the march the same thing happens: 3sg of red light fixed and then flashing red again. Never flashes green except during wifi connection.
-------------------
No. Al principio, cuando se conecta a la corriente se pone verde durante 2 ó 3 segundos y después pasa a rojo intermitente. Tras 3 minutos sin movimiento del coche la luz roja se queda fija durante otros 3sg aproximadamente y vuelve a ser intermitente pero no hay cambio de color. Al iniciar la marcha ocurre lo mismo: 3sg de luz roja fija y después intermitente roja otra vez. Nunca parpadea en verde excepto durante la conexión wifi.

I'd like to try the low bitrate version (WiFi off) beta. I downloaded 0614s as linked above, is that supposed to be the low bitrate version, or is that the camera off when parked version? As for me the camera is going off after 3 minutes of parked.
If it's the older version can I have the low bitrate version please?

I'd like to try the low bitrate version (WiFi off) beta
Ok please check your inbox message!
I downloaded 0614s as linked above, is that supposed to be the low bitrate version, or is that the camera off when parked version? As for me the camera is going off after 3 minutes of parked.
0614s version firmware based on G-sensor impact + 3 minutes timing; It will stop recording in the parking mode, and start recording after G-sensor triggered!

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party. I wanted to ask if this camera's parking mode is suitable for my needs.

Basically I want it to only ever trigger via the g-sensor. And I want it to be really sensitive, so if someone dings one of the doors in a car park it records it.

I guess if it's g-sensor triggered it will just keep recording while you drive. And also it will keep overwriting old files.

And can you tell me what the average power consumption is in parking mode with g-sensor?

Basically I want it to only ever trigger via the g-sensor
Yes, it is!
And I want it to be really sensitive, so if someone dings one of the doors in a car park it records it.
Not sure, some users told me that it starts recording if you kick the tire!
I guess if it's g-sensor triggered it will just keep recording while you drive. And also it will keep overwriting old files.
Yes, it is!
And can you tell me what the average power consumption is in parking mode with g-sensor?
About 220ma without WiFi, 260ma with WiFi;

Thanks estore009, that's great service :)

So it's about 1.3W in parking mode, pretty decent. I'm wondering if I could run 4 of them in an EV.

Do you think that in a future update it would be possible to change the light (flashing red + green, for example) during all the time you are recording in low bitrate mode?
--------------------
¿Cree que en una próxima actualización sería posible cambiar la luz (rojo+verde intermitente, por ejemplo) durante todo el tiempo que está grabando en modo low bitrate?

So it's about 1.3W in parking mode, pretty decent. I'm wondering if I could run 4 of them in an EV.

Yes but the real question is for how long? I don't know your car battery set-up, but a regular car battery would be run dangerously low in under 4 hours with 4 B1W's going. The B1W has the lowest current usage of any dashcam so it would do OK, but two 2-channel cams might use less power overall.

My B1W has an excellent G-sensor, but that's always variable in different cams of the same model. Others have had different results than me. The B1W limits the locked files to 30% of the card space and with it set sensitive enough for door-ding protection it's always going to be doing locked recordings as you drive. Thus you're going to have only about 1/3 of your card space to record on so you'll need large cards, and the cards will also wear out much more quickly.

Yours is not a bad solution with 4 B1W's but it also might be done better.

Phil

Do you think that in a future update it would be possible to change the light (flashing red + green, for example) during all the time you are recording in low bitrate mode?
We will give it a try, but no promise now!

Yes but the real question is for how long? I don't know your car battery set-up, but a regular car battery would be run dangerously low in under 4 hours with 4 B1W's going. The B1W has the lowest current usage of any dashcam so it would do OK, but two 2-channel cams might use less power overall.

My B1W has an excellent G-sensor, but that's always variable in different cams of the same model. Others have had different results than me. The B1W limits the locked files to 30% of the card space and with it set sensitive enough for door-ding protection it's always going to be doing locked recordings as you drive. Thus you're going to have only about 1/3 of your card space to record on so you'll need large cards, and the cards will also wear out much more quickly.

Yours is not a bad solution with 4 B1W's but it also might be done better.

Phil

Yeah, this is the question. One camera for 10 hours is 2.6Ah, so it could run okay from a lipo battery that then charges when the car is running. But it would have to be carefully managed, i.e. not run when parked at home and charge at a high rate while the car is on. I was thinking of some kind of GPS based on/off switch, but I think reception in the car might be an issue. Wifi might work better, i.e. turn off when the home wifi is detected.

The 30% allocation issue is a bigger one. Not sure how that could be overcome.

Blueskysea need to make a 4 channel version!

We will give it a try, but no promise now!
Thank you because as it works now there is no way to know if the camera is recording in the correct mode unless each time you want to make sure you take out the card to verify it on the PC.
----------------------------
Gracias porque tal y como funciona ahora no existe forma de saber si la cámara está grabando en el modo correcto a no ser que cada vez que quieras asegurarte saques la tarjeta para verificarlo en el pc.

I used the low bit-rate version for the first time to "record" something yesterday.
So was driving, car almost hit me, few seconds later hit the button.
The "Emergency" video that was saved was 1 minute long and started from the second I hit the button.
The previous video was 1 minute long, and lasted until about 45 seconds before the incident.

All of the other videos were 3 minutes, as per my settings.

So actually pressing the lock file button actually stopped the incident from being recorded at all.

Back