Parking mode

Hard to say it is the software problem since it can detect the card error. Maybe broken sections on the memory card.
It's a brand new card but it's possible. I'll test the card and get back to you. It happens from time to time - probably 2-3 times per week.
It should keep the settings after power off within 18 hours. You can contact the seller for replacement if it always loses time!
I feel there's some misunderstanding here. I'm not talking about hours or minutes. I did literaly unpluged the cable from the camera and re -plugged it right after it went off. Instead of the camera shutting down with the shutdown sound it just kept blinking for a while until it went completely off and then after I reinserted the power it forgot all of its setting and that it was in WiFi off mode. The reason I'm thinking it's a bug is that it was saying "SD Card low speed" while that happened so maybe those two are connected. And it doesn't do it every time. It happened 2 or 3 times for the last weeks but it is still an anoyance because I have to reflash it back to WiFi off mode and reenter my WiFi password and settings every time.

Red wire to the always-on socket, Black wire to GND, Yellow wire Unconnected!

You can load the Auto parking mode 20180614s version firmware, and PM you already, please check your inbox message!

I installed the Auto parking mode firmware, and it does stop recording after a few minutes of the car being off, but it won't start recording again when I turn the car on. how do I get it to start recording again without having to load the app.

I installed the Auto parking mode firmware, and it does stop recording after a few minutes of the car being off, but it won't start recording again when I turn the car on. how do I get it to start recording again without having to load the app.
It should start recording again when the engine ignition on. Suggest you set its G-sensor level Middle or High, so it is easy to be triggered!

First of all, I want to thank Estore and the company for all of their support.Then I have a question and request about parking mode possibilities.

The majority of the time I do not want parking mode, as my car is parked securely in the garage, sometimes for a week at a time. I don’t want to cycle my battery just to record the inside of the garage. However sometimes it is nice to have parking mode when in a public place. Currently I have the fuse plugged in to switched (acc) power and can go to fuse box and switch to constant power when I want parking mode, but that is obviously not ideal.

Can you write a firmware for auto parking mode but have the option to turn the camera completely off with a double-tap so that it does not consume any battery? That way I can double tap whenever I park in the garage.

I've checked my wiring and my yellow cable was indeed connected probably as suggested by the manual of the power adapter. Now it's disconnected as you've said. Do you think that's why it could have lost settings?

Regarding my card - it's a brand new Samsung EVO 128GB card. I've checked it with f3read / f3write testing utility without any errors. I'm attaching the log. So the "Low Speed" message can't be from the card. Maybe something in the firmware?

Attachments

• f3write.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 1
I've checked my wiring and my yellow cable was indeed connected probably as suggested by the manual of the power adapter. Now it's disconnected as you've said. Do you think that's why it could have lost settings?
B1W cannot read ACC sensor from the hardwire kit, so just let its yellow wire Unconnected! Its time will be lost if its capacitor has no power capacity saved, and also the voltage from the hardwire kit cannot run the dashcam!
So the "Low Speed" message can't be from the card. Maybe something in the firmware?
Some users have the same problem as you! Hard to say it was a software bug since it can detect card errors! Maybe there is an unreadable section on your memory card, or the writing speed slow down when it was hot!

Some users have the same problem as you! Hard to say it was a software bug since it can detect card errors! Maybe there is an unreadable section on your memory card, or the writing speed slow down when it was hot!
Ok, but this still makes it a software problem! If there's a slow section or overheating why the software doesn't stop writing to the current file and automatically retry again. That way it would skip the slow section, give the warning once and continue writing. Now it does the worst thing possible - give the warning non-stop and not writing anything until restart - for the camera it's important to record as much as possible. It shouldn't stop just because there was a small section of the card which was slow.

Also the reason I think it's a software issue is that for my card I showed you the log and there is not a single piece of the card that's been damaged. Also the temperature couldn't be the problem since with restart it continues writing in the same temperature. Other users also report that in different dashcams the same cards doesn't give errors. Maybe a little bit of write buffering needs to be done or simple retrying and starting a new file - something needs to be changed because now it's just unreliable.

That way it would skip the slow section, give the warning once and continue writing. Now it does the worst thing possible - give the warning non-stop and not writing anything until restart - for the camera it's important to record as much as possible
Thanks for the suggestion, forward it to our tech support to see if they can refine it!

A little update on the problems with my camera:

I've got the "SD Camera Low Speed" error and immediately turned off the camera and ejected the SD card. Then I've run the tests without formatting the card and there are still no errors and the card speed is high. I'm attaching the log file. Definitely no problem with the card. It was almost empty this time while it was almost full the last time so the error was not even on the same place of the card.

My camera lost it's settings while in parking mode again and I've opened the recorded footage to see how much it worked before shutting down. It worked for an hour and then it shut down but after several hours it turned back on and recorded for half an hour or so. Then again it turned off and again after several hours it turned on again by itself. Then it shut down for the last time and that was the time I guess it lost is settings. Notice that no g-sensors events were recorded during that time. It was like the power adapter that had to protect my battery for some reason did turn on and off several times. Is it faulty or this is typical behaviour? It's really strange. Still the camera should shut down gracefully after losing power the last time.

Attachments

• f3write.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 0
I'd like the latest firmware as well. I'm still running a beta firmware from July 2018. It locks up coming out of parking mode, so i'd moved it to an ACC spot, but then i lose all my date/time stamps. Any idea if the latest firmware is better about not locking up? I also have the "Low Speed SD Card" warning often (samsung evo plus 128gb), i'd be happy to test anything out that can perhaps help track this issue down as well. Both issues reduce reliability, which is a huge problem and defeats the purpose of a dash cam if it isn't always working.

thanks!

B1W cannot read ACC signal from the USB power connector, you should keep its yellow wire Unconnected. Red wire to the Always-on socket and Black wire to GND;
By the way, our team is working on a newer beta firmware, and please wait for a few days more...

Hi there. I've just got a B1W from Amazon, I'd like to install the autoparking FW with WiFi off, but I can't find it on manufacturer's page
Furthermore I'd like to have a link to a good hardwire kit, possibly on Amazon, because the one linked on Aliexpress is too much expensive if shipped to Italy (only DHL available, 86$ shipment!)
I've found this one... is it ok? https://www.amazon.it/gp/B0791BHYBW

OK, great! And it's possible to have also a link to the firmware with autoparking mode and wifi off by default please? :)

Back