Parking mode

rtigtony

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My first post so go easy on me.

Am I missing something here, when I stop somewhere I have to manually put the cam into parking (standby) mode by using my phone, and then when I set off again, I have to manually start normal recording mode, again using my phone.

Surely there's got to be an easier way than this, as sometimes I forget when coming home and it stays recording all night.

On my last cam that had a parking mode, it went into that mode a few minutes after stopping and went back into normal mode when the engine started again, all completely automatically.

Is there some sort of setting to making parking mode automatic? If so I can't see it.

Hi, @rtigtony

No, there are no settings for automatic parking mode switching to dashcam.
This is a big question for dashcams developers - what is the way to apply to activate this mode when the ignition is turned off and how to switch dash to the normal recording mode when starting the engine.

The best way to automatically turn the parking mode on and off has been implemented in Lukas LK-7900, but there it is based on the GPS coordinates.
At present, there is no optimal switching technology for the parking mode. It seems to me that one of the options worthy of attention is the Hardwire Kit for Mini 0906, when the dashcam receives a Parking Signal on a separate contact in the power socket, when the ignition is switched off. But while this technology also has drawbacks.
In addition, the dashcams that have a battery today have more opportunities in store than dashcams based on capacitors.

We can only wait for what the developers can offer. And also make your suggestions.:)

Last edited:
Thank you for your detailed reply Leonauto. I was enquiring because my previous dashcam was the DDPAI M6+ and that had an automatic parking mode and that was a relatively cheap dashcam but it was brilliant in parking mode, powered from the standard cigar lighter plug cable, so the technology is there. I just find it strange that it wasn't implemented in the Blueskysea.

I already mentioned the additional possibilities of parking mode for dash with a battery, so we have what we have. And do not forget, the device costing $50 vs. $100+ for DDPAI M6+ and not yet having a long history of production:)
I hope, that with such attention to the problems and the desire to eliminate them from the Blueskysea (and all of us) there is every chance to get even better dashcam;)

Yes,we need to manually switch normal recording to parking mode,its B1W PCB has no more space for its ACC switch sensor now :(

So which hardwire kit is recommended for the B1W?

And even if one is installed, parking mode must be enabled manually? And if you don't switch to parking mode it'll just keep recording in normal mode?

Is there an online user's manual for the B1W somewhere? I haven't been able to find one.

So which hardwire kit is recommended for the B1W?
Recommend you this hardwire kit for B1W/mini0906;

And even if one is installed, parking mode must be enabled manually? And if you don't switch to parking mode it'll just keep recording in normal mode?
Yes,need manually switch normal mode to parking mode :(

Is there an online user's manual for the B1W somewhere? I haven't been able to find one.
You can download its user manual here https://drive.google.com/open?id=182Y_qK8zoBllvb9RiJr4eRMSkmfR51Uf

Hi all, sorry for the noob question but im not a great autosparky...
Would there be a difference between hard wiring the unit to the battery compared to connecting to the accessories cable?

As in, im assuming the battery would give it a continuous feed where the acc should power when turned on? Thanks.

As in, im assuming the battery would give it a continuous feed where the acc should power when turned on? Thanks.
For normal recording mode,just connecting the USB charger to the car’s 12V DC Outlet/Cigarette lighter;
For parking mode,you need to connect this 5V hardwire kit to your car 12v always on ACC slot (or power directly to your car battery) for power source.

Would parking mode work if i plug into power bank?

Power bank will be connected to car's cig outlet

Would parking mode work if i plug into power bank?
Yes,just make sure its power bank offers 5V/1.5A output to camera.

If i don't touch a thing after turning off the car , parking mode will not start and the battery will not be drained ,correct ?

If i don't touch a thing after turning off the car , parking mode will not start and the battery will not be drained ,correct ?
You need to manually switch normal recording mode to parking mode when car parkin;and its camera about 370mA when standy,it will not drain your battery.

Is there any way to give us control of parking mode via the button? A longer press or something?

Is there any way to give us control of parking mode via the button? A longer press or something?
Good question,and we PM you this updated firmware,please check your inbox message !
After load this newer firmware,you can control parking mode via the button then,just double click the button to pause/or start recording!

hi, the firmware you sent him enables you to enter parking mode without the app, just using the button on the cam?

if so can you please send it to me as well, thank you :)

also, is it possible to make the date and time U.S. 12 hour format? mm/dd/yyyy

Last edited:
PM you the firmware already,please check your inbox message!
And as to US time format,we will have a check with our team,and back to you when it is ok!
Regards,
Vicky

Can the FW use the G sensor? After 3 minutes with no activity then start the parking mode?

Can the FW use the G sensor? After 3 minutes with no activity then start the parking mode?
Actually,Parking mode was triggered by G-sensor,it will take 15 seconds recording after triggered,and then standy;
But we need to manually switch normal recording mode to Parking mode by press "stop recording" within APP or double click "lock"button on camera unit.

But why? Just use the G sensor and timers.

if G sensor triggers more than 3 times in 1 minute put in Normal Recording mode
if G sensor sees no triggers in 2 minute put in Parking mode

Something like that.

Back