Parking mode

You can try our newest auto parking mode firmware 0614s!
Hello, thx for info, can you pls send me link to this beta firmware? Its Wifi ON or OFF? Thx. Daniel

Just installed the B1W as a rear cam with the hardwire kit, and can confirm it works. Weird thing. Went outside to check something else, and when I pulled the cam, it was very hot. It began making a high-pitched siren sound for about a minute, which slowly died down as it cooled down. Near as I can tell, the camera is still working. Very weird. Wish I had my phone to record the sound, lol.

Which HW kit you used? Thx for info. DD

I got the Blueskysea kit. I also bought a set of extra fuse taps (because you'll need two of the same type). Make sure you know which ones your car takes.

Screenshot_20180702-141158~01.pngScreenshot_20180702-141158~01.pngScreenshot_20180702-141210~01.pngScreenshot_20180702-141210~01.png
500px-Electrical_fuses,_blade_type.svg.png

Hello, thx for info, can you pls send me link to this beta firmware? Its Wifi ON or OFF? Thx. Daniel
Hello Daniel, PM you this 0614s firmware already, please check your inbox message!

Hmmm....woke up to find my rear dashcam had been recording all night. Guess I'll have to experiment a little more.

So, with the new firmware, do I have to double-press the button every time I park the car to turn on parking mode?

Last edited:
Could I be sent the latest firmware to try out parking mode? Or is it supported in the latest version I've been able to download (currently on 1.6.180103s). Planning to hardwire it in soon so hoping to get firmware sorted for it too!

Could I be sent the latest firmware to try out parking mode? Or is it supported in the latest version I've been able to download (currently on 1.6.180103s). Planning to hardwire it in soon so hoping to get firmware sorted for it too!
PM you 20180614s beta auto parking mode firmware already!

Sorry, what is the latest on this. I now believe the firmware should automatically go to parking mode after 30 minutes of no shock sensor. Is that possible? The problem with double tap (few month ago released and I last read the thread) is that I forget to set it some times, and sometimes I go in and out of the car to get things, and closing and opening the door seems to turn it back on, and it stays on. Having a 30 minutes auto switch parking would solve my forgetfulness and everything.

Any chance to try out this auto-parking firmware? and double tap button version?
(wifi off)

Any chance to try out this auto-parking firmware? and double tap button version?
(wifi off)
PM you beta firmware 20180614s already, please check your inbox message, thanks!

Hi, @rtigtony

No, there are no settings for automatic parking mode switching to dashcam.
This is a big question for dashcams developers - what is the way to apply to activate this mode when the ignition is turned off and how to switch dash to the normal recording mode when starting the engine.

The best way to automatically turn the parking mode on and off has been implemented in Lukas LK-7900, but there it is based on the GPS coordinates.
At present, there is no optimal switching technology for the parking mode. It seems to me that one of the options worthy of attention is the Hardwire Kit for Mini 0906, when the dashcam receives a Parking Signal on a separate contact in the power socket, when the ignition is switched off. But while this technology also has drawbacks.
In addition, the dashcams that have a battery today have more opportunities in store than dashcams based on capacitors.

We can only wait for what the developers can offer. And also make your suggestions.:)
Hi Leonauto, the miniQ9 has automatic parking mode switching function, when use the OBD power plug it went into parking mode about one minute after stopping and went back into normal mode when the engine started again, all completely automatically. But it will take about $80, i I recommend B1W only take about $50.

PM you beta firmware 20180614s already, please check your inbox message, thanks!

All seems to work fine.
After 3 minutes parked recording stops. A little movement starts recording again.
Perhaps it acts at traffic lights, but it's not a problem.
Thanks to let me try it.

I just installed a B1W as a rear camera with a hardware kit. Firware is 20180528 - wifi on.
Obviously, it is very impractical to do a double tap or any physical button manipulation upon parking to engage parking mode. It is on the rear of an SUV, after all.
Do I need the beta Firmware to automatically set parking mode on? I've PMed estore009 for advise.
jim

I just installed a B1W as a rear camera with a hardware kit. Firware is 20180528 - wifi on.
Obviously, it is very impractical to do a double tap or any physical button manipulation upon parking to engage parking mode. It is on the rear of an SUV, after all.
Do I need the beta Firmware to automatically set parking mode on? I've PMed estore009 for advise.
jim

Hi all,
Sharing my experience with new parking mode firmwares
I was among the users who found the default parking mode activation behavior (double tap) inconvenient and requested a g-sensor based activation.

Thanks to excellent support from manufacturer, this was addressed really fast.
First beta released in April had some flaws in the logic, it was too sensitive which resulted in fact that dash cam was running in continuous recording most of the time, even while parked.
In other aspects it was fine.

Recently I have upgraded to 20180614 beta and after running it for 3 days, I must admit it is nearly perfect (for me)
Recording stops when fully idle (I.e. in the night when parked, etc.)and resumes automatically when you start driving.
During driving it continues recording without issues, even when driving slow or waiting on the traffic light.

For the last 3 days I have got only one occurrence, when camera has stopped recording by sensor idle event while I was in the traffic jam. This resulted in a video loss for about 30 seconds.

So, I would maybe recommend to increase the idle timeout setting used for switching to parking mode from current 3 minutes??? to 4-6 minutes or make this setting adjustable from the app (along with sensitivity).

Unfortunately, parking mode will never be ideal in b1w, as the dashcam returns to normal recording in reactive mode, after sensor is being triggered.
So, in case of an incident while idle in parking mode, moment of accident will probably be lost on the recording.
More advanced dash cams have a large memory buffer and they are practically running recording continuously, even when in parking mode, but they just don’t save it to memory card. But thanks to buffer, in case of event, they can save 30-60 seconds of buffered video before the actual event.
On the other hand, these dash cams cost a fortune (comparing to B1w) and often offer an indecent video quality, so I am fully happy with b1w as my rear dashcam companion.

One last note, you should consider using a good hardwiring kit for parking mode which will prevent battery from drain when parked for a long time.
I am very happy with blackvue powermagic pro, 1 unit is enough to power both my front cam DR650S and rear cam B1W.
PMP has an option to control cutoff by timer 12-24-72-inf hours and by battery voltage 12/12.5V so you could be sure it will not allow you to drain the battery to zero. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Unfortunately, parking mode will never be ideal in b1w, as the dashcam returns to normal recording in reactive mode, after sensor is being triggered.
But only for the next 3 min. After that, cam enter parking mode if no movement. If movement it continues recording.

So, I would maybe recommend to increase the idle timeout setting used for switching to parking mode from current 3 minutes??? to 4-6 minutes or make this setting adjustable from the app (along with sensitivity).

Perhaps if range would be from 0 to 6 min. (or so), then we could disable parking mode.

Similar feedback here, when stuck in traffic it stopped recording and took a while before it started recording again. I was driving for a few mins before it started again.

But only for the next 3 min. After that, cam enter parking mode if no movement. If movement it continues recording.

Well, as explained, parking mode activation sensor sensitivity is not the same as event g sensor sensitivity.
Even when no movement and engine remains ON, in most cases g sensor receives sone 'noise' and parking is not triggered.

In my opinion in default it works quite good. I have got only one casе in 3 days when parking was activated falsely (while in traffic)

Increasing the parking mode timeout to 4-6 minutes may help to overcome this.
Also it depends on general road conditions, make and model of the car, etc.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Hi,
May I try the auto parking mode beta firmware?
Thanks.

Back