Parking mode

There does not seem to be much difference in power consumption between parked mode and recording mode.
Both hover around 5.12v to 5.14v and 0.30A to 0.34A. It seems to be mostly around 5.12V/0.32A.

(Using a USB voltage and amp tester between the charger and the dashcam)

Tested the custom firmware with default Wifi On:
While recording: 5.14V / 0.34A = 1.75W
While in parking mode: 5.12V / 0.32A = 1.64W

Tested the custom firmware with default Wifi Off:
While recording: 5.12V / 0.25A = 1.28W
While in parking mode: 5.11V / 0.24A =1.23W

"Parking mode" does not seem to do much in terms of saving the battery life of the vehicle. Probably only good for the SD card as it writes less ...
The above numbers are very optimistic as the amperage and voltage differs from second to second. Could probably be off by 0.05W or so

Tested the custom firmware with default Wifi On:
While recording: 5.14V / 0.34A = 1.75W
While in parking mode: 5.12V / 0.32A = 1.64W

Tested the custom firmware with default Wifi Off:
While recording: 5.12V / 0.25A = 1.28W
While in parking mode: 5.11V / 0.24A =1.23W

"Parking mode" does not seem to do much in terms of saving the battery life of the vehicle. Probably only good for the SD card as it writes less ...
The above numbers are very optimistic as the amperage and voltage differs from second to second. Could probably be off by 0.05W or so

Thank you for the test, maybe the developer (@estore009 ) looking into ... and take advantage of parking mode on battery life

@estore009 can you please send me the link to the auto-parking firmware with Wifi default OFF, please?

May I request latest autoparking firmware with Wifi off please.

Can I also have the latest autoparking firmware with Wifi off please.

Any update on fixing the power consumption issue which I assume is a bug?

Please send me autoparking firmware with Wifi off please.

This firmware doesn't work for me. First it's not Wifi off by default. And second I've tried it three times leaving my car and after more than 30 minutes it is still in recording mode. I'm using the power adapter with red wire connected to permanent power and yellow connected to started only power. My g-sensor clearly works as every time I shut my door with a little bit more force it says "file locked".

This should be rather easy to do:
- when the camera detects no power on the yellow wire just shut down wifi to conserver power and start g-sensor mode
- when the camera detects power on the yellow wire - turn on wifi back on and start recording

This should be rather easy to do:
- when the camera detects no power on the yellow wire just shut down wifi to conserver power and start g-sensor mode
- when the camera detects power on the yellow wire - turn on wifi back on and start recording

that would be easy to do if it supported 3 wire power supply, don't think it does though

Pretty sure the parking firmware has Wi-Fi on and Wi-Fi off versions.

Have to check my PC to confirm.

Hi, @estore009 can I have the firmware with Wi Fi off double tap to enable parking mode and firmware wi Fi off AUTO parking mode ? Thank you.

Hi

@estore009 can you please send me the link to the auto-parking firmware with Wifi on and off?

Thanks

Back