Parking mode

Sorry if this has been answered. I had a read but wasn't sure.

I've got the Auto parking mode firmware 0614s you linked earlier. I've been getting decent results with med to high on the g sensor.

Is there a WiFi off / low bitrate / auto parking mode firmware?

I can see the default WiFi off firmware you linked but wasn't sure if it had auto park or low bitrate.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

Does the low bit rate firmware have auto parking?

Thanks.

Would it be possible to get the latest auto park time + G sensor firmware wifi off default? Also I have a B1W that seems to have come with the original mic and audio quality is very poor. Is there somewhere I can pickup the replacement mic? And finally I'm considering buying a 2nd B1W but don't want to get one with original mic. Can someone recommend where to purchase a new one that is sure to not be old stock? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I would like to use the latest firmware with low bitrate parking mode + G sensor with default wifi off. Where can I find it?

Hi guys. I've been eyeing the B1W for a while and I'm almost ready to pull the trigger. I just have a couple of questions about this beta auto-parking mode release. Please tell me if I am incorrect on my understanding:

When I am driving, the car is recording in regular 1080p 30fps 12mbps. I stop the car. If the g-sensor does not detect movement for 3 minutes, the B1W will automatically go into parking mode at 1080p 30fps 4mbps. If the g-sensor detects movement while in parking mode, it will go into normal mode automatically.

Questions:
1) In parking mode, is the B1W still recording to the SD card all the time and saving those videos or is it in standby mode until the g-sensor wakes it up and puts it in normal mode? If it is recording to the SD card during parking mode, that means you can see videos before someone hits your car. This is much better than having video only after the g-sensor wakes it up and puts it in normal mode
2) When the g-sensor changes the camera from parking mode to normal mode, how long does normal mode record for until it goes to parking mode again?

So after trying the low bit rate and auto park firmware I'm not certain my B1W is working correctly. I tried the Low Bit Rate firmware the other night while vehicle parked overnight in my car port and it randomly triggered through out the night with the G sensor set to middle. It didn't fill the SD card but came close on the 64 Gb card. I didn't like the idea of it writing so much to SD card in this manner on a continuous basis so decided to try the Auto Park firmware.

With the Auto Park firmware installed, I sat the B1W on my desk and used a wall wart to power it over night again with G sensor middle. I started this a little after 23:00 last night and stopped it a little after 10:00 this morning. The only Events logged in the Event folder where at the start and stop times from me handling it, no other events were logged from G sensor trigger through out the night. However there were numerous random recordings started over the course of the night that were logged in the DCIM folder. There is also often times a smaller 12 Mb - 14 Mb file associated with one of the recordings.

What could be causing this to start recording when there is no G sensor trigger and why does it not complete the recordings in 1 file? Or is this how this firmware is supposed to work?

And on an off topic and I don't know the impact but I'm unable to change the frequency to 60. Is that setting functional for anyone?

Attachments

• EventFolder.JPG
    EventFolder.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DCIMFolder.JPG
    DCIMFolder.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 12
What could be causing this to start recording when there is no G sensor trigger and why does it not complete the recordings in 1 file? Or is this how this firmware is supposed to work?
Might be triggered by motion detection or light change?

Might be triggered by motion detection or light change?

I wasn't aware this cam used motion sensor. But any rate no, it was pointed to the ceiling in my basement with no one around and no light change.

Tested the auto park again last night this time installed in vehicle using the hard wire kit. Powered it about 22:30 and disconnected it today at about 16:20. There were no recordings placed in the Event folder at all, and no recording in the dcim folder until 06:46 at which point it appeared to start recording continuously until I disconnected it at 16:20. I'm noticing there are 2 files with date stamps 12/31/2097 10:59 PM, each are continuations of the previous files at 3:05pm and 3:38pm. So I'm uncertain why this started recording at 06:48 but not from 22:30 - 06:48 and also why it continued to record as if it were in motion being triggered throughout the day today. Any insight to this behavior would be great.

Attachments

• DCIM.JPG
    DCIM.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 9
I'm noticing there are 2 files with date stamps 12/31/2097 10:59 PM,
It should be something wrong for these two video clips! Will ask our tech support have a check!
So I'm uncertain why this started recording at 06:48 but not from 22:30 - 06:48 and also why it continued to record as if it were in motion being triggered throughout the day today
How about the memory card storage? Full or not now?

It should be something wrong for these two video clips! Will ask our tech support have a check!

How about the memory card storage? Full or not now?

I don't recall for sure but I don't believe the card was full. I had erased all files from it prior to beginning the test last night. Calculation for 9.5 hrs of continuous recording would be about 53Gb and I'm using a 64Gb card.

B1W reserved 30% storage for the event folder, the DCIM folder section should be full if it kept continuous recording for 9.5 hrs! Anyway, my support is looking at it...

B1W reserved 30% storage for the event folder, the DCIM folder section should be full if it kept continuous recording for 9.5 hrs! Anyway, my support is looking at it...

Perhaps it was full then, reserving 30% for Event and was overwriting earlier videos in DCIM. That would potentially explain why there were no recordings from 22:30 through 06:48. But still leaves to question why did it record practically continuously when there were no triggered events.

But still leaves to question why did it record practically continuously when there were no triggered events
Yes, this is the problem!

Back