Parking mode

Baconbuttie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have my 312GW hardwired to a live feed, with the nextbase hardwire kit, that is live only when the car is running, if I use parking mode will this need a permanent live or will the cam use its internal battery for parking mode when the car is not running ? and if a permanent live is needed will the camera still start automatically when the engine starts ?

Parking mode utilises the cameras internal battery, no need to wire onto a permanently live power supply.

Roughly how long does the internal battery last on parking mode Tiffany?

The G-Sensor draws 1.2mA from the internal battery when waiting for an impact.

On a fully charged battery that should give just over 16 days whilst awaiting an impact.

As files are protected though this time will decrease.

Each file that gets protected will be 30 seconds long this will reduce the time above.

Thanks, does it just trigger with G sensor or motion detection as well?

It triggers when the G-Sensor registered forward/backward or left/right movement - no optical motion detection.

I posted on another thread but think this one is more relevant to my query. My 312gw in parking mode records constantly regardless of whether there is movement. It has a live feed from the battery (fuse box). Why does is record (consistently) 3 min videos in parking mode? Any ideas please?

It is most likely because the camera is connected to a permanent live. Try connecting it to an ignition live (A circuit that is only live when the ignition is on) This is how mine is done and it works perfectly. Parking mode works from the internal battery and monitors the G sensor for movement. A fully charged battery will keep parking mode working for around 2 weeks depending how often it is triggered.

But if it’s not on a live feed the parking mode will not work? Or is that not the case? Thanks for the response.

Parking mode works from the internal battery and monitors the G sensor for movement. A fully charged battery will keep parking mode working for around 2 weeks depending how often it is triggered.

I will take off the constant live and change to switched mode via ignition and see how that goes. Thanks again buddy

I have now done as suggested and so far so good. Camera is no longer recording constantly. Thank you so much

Cool, if the G sensor is activated it should take a 30 second video and protect that file then switch off.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J 312GW 2
A 312GW 10
Back