Parking Mode

MarcJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I purchased and installed the parking mode cable but since I have, the dash cam doesn't actually go into parking mode. It will just stay on forever recording 1 minute segments.

This results in my SD card getting full within about 6 hours due to the constant recordings at 1440p.

Is there anyway to resolve this? as I'm having to manually unplug the device when I don't want it to record.

I have seen another report of this. I would suspect that the parking cable's electronics are faulty and the cable needs to be replaced.

So, I purchased and installed the parking mode cable but since I have, the dash cam doesn't actually go into parking mode. It will just stay on forever recording 1 minute segments.

This results in my SD card getting full within about 6 hours due to the constant recordings at 1440p.

Is there anyway to resolve this? as I'm having to manually unplug the device when I don't want it to record.

I bought my last week and had it installed and had the same problem it did not go to parking mode and recorded all the time. The installation was done wrongly and I fixed it and now it works perfectly. Both wires was plugged in constant power (red and yellow) so it never went off. Hope this helps...

How do you tell if it goes into parking mode?

How do you tell if it goes into parking mode?
It will display a message before. When in parking mode blinking red is standby, solid red is recording.

Thanks. Can’t see a flashing led anywhere so possibke the hardwire install didn’t tap a permanently live fuse?

Back