Parking Mode?

geno0506

Reaction score
Country
United States
With the SG9663DCPRO after installing the hardwire/parking mode kit, I I don’t want to run parking mode, can I turn it off and just runs the cams while operating the vehicle and when I park the cams turn off without worries about the battery! Is that an option when I don’t want to use PM!

Thanks all!

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
If you dident want to use parking mode at all, you would not have needed the dedicated hard wire / parking mode kit, then you could have made do with the supplied PSU hardwired to a single fuse.
BUT ! if you want to be able to use the parking mode once in a while, then as i understand it now all you can do is active power off the camera like jokiin explain ( it will come on automatic when you get back to your car and drive off )
Alternative you could use a short timer value like i plan to do when i get the HW kit, so i will just use 30 minutes - 1 hour as that cover all my parking when shopping, and at home i don't need parking mode as i have CCTV on the car.
So my plan is to if i should need longer parking mode coverage 1 - 2 times every year, then on those occasions i would just up the cut off timer from the short time i would always use to say 6 hours for a movie and dinner with some imaginary babe.

OP
geno0506

geno0506

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you dident want to use parking mode at all, you would not have needed the dedicated hard wire / parking mode kit, then you could have made do with the supplied PSU hardwired to a single fuse.
BUT ! if you want to be able to use the parking mode once in a while, then as i understand it now all you can do is active power off the camera like jokiin explain ( it will come on automatic when you get back to your car and drive off )
Alternative you could use a short timer value like i plan to do when i get the HW kit, so i will just use 30 minutes - 1 hour as that cover all my parking when shopping, and at home i don't need parking mode as i have CCTV on the car.
So my plan is to if i should need longer parking mode coverage 1 - 2 times every year, then on those occasions i would just up the cut off timer from the short time i would always use to say 6 hours for a movie and dinner with some imaginary babe.

That makes sense, thanks a bunch !

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Sadly i only deal in imaginary babes, i got a lot to sell but no one are buying :D Besides i am almost too old now for stuff like that anyway.

OP
geno0506

geno0506

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sadly i only deal in imaginary babes, i got a lot to sell but no one are buying :D Besides i am almost too old now for stuff like that anyway.
I’ll take 2, I’m old as well and I’ll figure out what to do with them’ :unsure: ;)

Deacon

Reaction score
Country
United States
If parking mode hardwire kit is already successfully installed and working well, can he simply switch the power mode to 2-wire in the configuration menu? Would that disable parking mode functions altogether and work as he expects, until at some point in the future if he wants he can re-enable it?

OP
geno0506

geno0506

Reaction score
Country
United States
If parking mode hardwire kit is already successfully installed and working well, can he simply switch the power mode to 2-wire in the configuration menu? Would that disable parking mode functions altogether and work as he expects, until at some point in the future if he wants he can re-enable it?

Exactly what I mean ^^^^^

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
No, it Won’t turn back on automatically if using a 3-wire hardwire kit with menu set to 2-wire

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
we don't have an off function but we do set the default to 10 minutes and there's a 5 minute option also, short enough that there's no significant effect

Deacon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, so his best option is to simply leave the 3-wire setup in place, enabled in the config, and change it to a timeout to shut down after whatever period of time he is comfortable with (5 minutes, an hour, whatever it is).

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I figure with the 30 min / 1 hour i am going to use, i would have to make one helluva a lot stops and go in a day for parking mode in that way being a issue for the small old battery in my car.
And then all i really have to do is set a larger time if i should one day feel like i need that, but to be honest thinking back i cant think if situations where i would have needed a long parking time.
Only the recent dent in my door, that i assume i got shortly before i got the K2S to play with and use in parking mode, but that must have happened while shopping as i haven't parked out for long in a "unsafe" place for years.