Parking Mode?

geno0506

Reaction score
Country
United States
With the SG9663DCPRO after installing the hardwire/parking mode kit, I I don’t want to run parking mode, can I turn it off and just runs the cams while operating the vehicle and when I park the cams turn off without worries about the battery! Is that an option when I don’t want to use PM!

Thanks all!

If you dident want to use parking mode at all, you would not have needed the dedicated hard wire / parking mode kit, then you could have made do with the supplied PSU hardwired to a single fuse.
BUT ! if you want to be able to use the parking mode once in a while, then as i understand it now all you can do is active power off the camera like jokiin explain ( it will come on automatic when you get back to your car and drive off )
Alternative you could use a short timer value like i plan to do when i get the HW kit, so i will just use 30 minutes - 1 hour as that cover all my parking when shopping, and at home i don't need parking mode as i have CCTV on the car.
So my plan is to if i should need longer parking mode coverage 1 - 2 times every year, then on those occasions i would just up the cut off timer from the short time i would always use to say 6 hours for a movie and dinner with some imaginary babe.

If you dident want to use parking mode at all, you would not have needed the dedicated hard wire / parking mode kit, then you could have made do with the supplied PSU hardwired to a single fuse.
BUT ! if you want to be able to use the parking mode once in a while, then as i understand it now all you can do is active power off the camera like jokiin explain ( it will come on automatic when you get back to your car and drive off )
Alternative you could use a short timer value like i plan to do when i get the HW kit, so i will just use 30 minutes - 1 hour as that cover all my parking when shopping, and at home i don't need parking mode as i have CCTV on the car.
So my plan is to if i should need longer parking mode coverage 1 - 2 times every year, then on those occasions i would just up the cut off timer from the short time i would always use to say 6 hours for a movie and dinner with some imaginary babe.

That makes sense, thanks a bunch !

Sadly i only deal in imaginary babes, i got a lot to sell but no one are buying :D Besides i am almost too old now for stuff like that anyway.

Sadly i only deal in imaginary babes, i got a lot to sell but no one are buying :D Besides i am almost too old now for stuff like that anyway.

I’ll take 2, I’m old as well and I’ll figure out what to do with them’ :unsure: ;)

If parking mode hardwire kit is already successfully installed and working well, can he simply switch the power mode to 2-wire in the configuration menu? Would that disable parking mode functions altogether and work as he expects, until at some point in the future if he wants he can re-enable it?

If parking mode hardwire kit is already successfully installed and working well, can he simply switch the power mode to 2-wire in the configuration menu? Would that disable parking mode functions altogether and work as he expects, until at some point in the future if he wants he can re-enable it?

Exactly what I mean ^^^^^

No, it Won’t turn back on automatically if using a 3-wire hardwire kit with menu set to 2-wire

we don't have an off function but we do set the default to 10 minutes and there's a 5 minute option also, short enough that there's no significant effect

Ok, so his best option is to simply leave the 3-wire setup in place, enabled in the config, and change it to a timeout to shut down after whatever period of time he is comfortable with (5 minutes, an hour, whatever it is).

I figure with the 30 min / 1 hour i am going to use, i would have to make one helluva a lot stops and go in a day for parking mode in that way being a issue for the small old battery in my car.
And then all i really have to do is set a larger time if i should one day feel like i need that, but to be honest thinking back i cant think if situations where i would have needed a long parking time.
Only the recent dent in my door, that i assume i got shortly before i got the K2S to play with and use in parking mode, but that must have happened while shopping as i haven't parked out for long in a "unsafe" place for years.

Back