Parking Mode

Kj01

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi guys, just installed a SG 9663dcpro system yesterday, love it.. generations better than the previous dash cams ive had for sure. It all works well except park mode confuses me - seems to turn itself off after an hour or so (2x 30 Min files) of footage even though it's set to 12 hours? I stopped the car and 'REC' starts flashing, this morning it is not. I presume its supposed to flash constant? Whilst parked today for 45 mins it was still flashing and recording. I checked my battery this morning before starting the car - 12.4v my park kit is set to 11.4v (which is too low imo moved it back to 12.2v now.) Can someone run me through the setting's? I have wired power to the hazard which should have constant 12v+. Thanks

two reasons it will turn off, either the battery is low, or the circuit you're connected to is controlled by the ECU and the computer is disabling the circuit

what car and what fuses are you tapped into?

It is a Toyota Prado, direct wired to the head unit for ACC and hazard using 5a tail fuses. (not the piggyback fuse box). Just checked it definately shuts off after 1 hour precisely. 4 files record 2x front 2x rear 30 mins each only. I have auto restart off would this effect it? Quality high, loop 3 minutes, power input 3 wire, g sensor off, parking monitor 2 fps, shut down timer 12 hours. Firmware V 1.05.?

don't turn auto restart off, unrelated to the problem but it's there for a reason, best to leave it on, the only reason we even have an option to turn this off is we sometimes need that for test purposes, for normal use though leave it on

update your firmware, you're on an older version, here's the link to the update, http://bit.ly/SG9663DCPROfirmwareV1-10 instructions are included with the download

if it's turning off at the same time each time it's more likely the ECU is shutting the circuit off, what year model is your Prado and I'll get you details on the correct circuit to use

Quick update in case anyone has a similar issue. I rewired ACC and BATT to my headunit and it is working fine. I also have a small led flashing light connected inline with the hazards that i initially tapped into and i think it caused voltage fluctuations ? Only thing i can think of. Anyway excellent camera! only negatives the sd card is fiddly to remove/replace and my retail box was missing the thick mount and trim tool

Quick update in case anyone has a similar issue. I rewired ACC and BATT to my headunit and it is working fine. I also have a small led flashing light connected inline with the hazards that i initially tapped into and i think it caused voltage fluctuations ? Only thing i can think of. Anyway excellent camera! only negatives the sd card is fiddly to remove/replace and my retail box was missing the thick mount and trim tool
message me your address details and I'll send you the bits you were missing

That would be great @jokiin thanks . I actually already bought the whole separate mount kit set from your website the day i bought the camera as i needed a thicker mount ,only to then realise there was supposed to be one in the box ! That's ok i will send a pm because i want to buy a rear cpl filter as well .

Back