Parking Mode ?

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
Just updating all my Thinkware F200 2 channel dashcams in our three cars.

Suprised that there was a new updated app (Thinkware Dash Cam Link, instead of Thinkware Dash Cam Cloud) and the dashcams can be updated inside the car without removing the SD card, if that's correct, I'm very happy with that.

They are all hard wired and they all have Parking Mode on, just wanted to check what setting is best, Energy Saving or Motion Detection ? I'm thinking Motion Detection because it records a bit before and after a incident when parked ?

Thanks,

Bobby

bit late to the party but:

motion detection!

if there IS an event you want to capture EVERYTHING.

no use of having footage just after the incident..

In my book, it's never too late.

Thanks for this and this is what all three vehicles are set at.

Yes but just be sure to check the low voltage shutdown trigger so you always have enough "juice" to get the engine started...especially if you park at an airport for a week or two!

And remember, you need a lot of "juice" to crank a motor in -20 deg C weather, and that cold will also eat off the top of the battery where you would take your parking guard duration from.

I use low bitrate for parking guard mode, so the camera record all the time, but it is paired with G - sensor on for parking guard too, to lock down any actual events.
I will get a dashcam system with a radar in it "soon" not sure if that can make up for a "smart" motion detect system / like thinkware claim drastically extend parking guard duration.

Back