Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
F770
Hello All.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Memory Card

I remember a few years now I was helped by maddog eventually after trying to get
my F770 working with help from him and other members experiencing the same problem
as my own, I returned it to the shop I purchased it from and I got a replacement which
has been working flawlessly until now, but if I was, to be honest with myself it's not any fault
from the F770 but human meaning, mow :)

A neighbor reversed into the car leaving some minor damage a few weeks ago, so I removed the SD Card and tried
to find a recording of the incident "NOTHING" was recorded, but I was shocked to my horror to realize
nothing had been recorded, many thoughts entered my head "WHY" had it not captured anything?

Q: Does the dash cam while in parking sleep mode (ONLY) record a major impact? meaning
if a heavy object hits the car with some force? is this the only occasion the dash cam will kick in
and wake up from sleep mode to capture and record the incident?

Eventually, I gave up scratching my head, and opted for a fix but recking my F770 settings because I am old
and occasionally miss with settings on other devices and screw them up, you can guess what's coming next
yep done it again, now I have messed around and I am almost sure its something to do with the "12v to 24v"
the dash cam is stopping on constantly which is leading to battery drainage., I really do not want to risk going
throw another night with it switched off until I can find that setting to alter back.

Again thanks for any help..

Chooy :)

The F770 Can record in Parking Mode in Timelapse (1 Frame per second) or Motion Detection. Which ever of those modes is enabled the 'Impact' sensor works alongside as well. The most common issue for not recording a Parked Accident is the Battery Voltage level of the vehicle. As much as we would all like them running 24/7 it's just not possible with battery limitations, i would make sure the Voltage shutdown is set to 12.0v (battery is approx 50% at that point), any lower is a bit risky especially on a cold morning. When you say nothing had been recorded do you mean nothing that day or nothing full stop? It won't be related to the 24v Settings as the Camera will sense it's fitted on a 12v system and ignore those.

As for the camera being on all the time and causing a battery drain that's very strange, it uses the Ignition Cable to know if the vehicle is parked or driving so if no one has changed that there's no reason it should be on 24/7. My only thought is if the Memory Card has failed, that's the only time i have seen a camera keep going in parking mode as they keep rebooting due to the failed card. If you put the card into a PC and 'right click' it, try a Quick Format. If windows is successful then the card is 99% OK still. If it fails then the card may well have failed.

Thanks
Steve

Back