Parking/Stationary Features?

DroMike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S (pending)
Does anybody know, particularly anybody evaluating the A129 currently, whether or not at present it has or will have any parking functions? If so, would you mind describing? I'm particularly interested in knowing if there is or will be a buffering feature like several BV, TWare or BlackSys, etc. systems.

Thank you kindly,
Mike

Thanks. Unless the "new firmware" you speak of has some upgrades not in the manual, I'll see if I can't locate a pdf OM to learn exactly those features are. :)

Afaik, even new firmware can’t add buffered parking mode if the cam isn’t designed for it from the get go so if buffered parking mode is what you are after from the a129 it doesn’t look like it’ll have it as a feature. Sounds like it’ll just be motion activated.

I personally prefer continuous recording, no motion parking mode and not even buffered, personal preference. But I really hope they, viofo, makes the new cam 256gb micro sad card capable right out of the box. That way, with a neo and expansion pack and writing to a 256gb card, I can capture just about anything that may happen within cams views for most of my longer parking times.

Last edited:
For those that don't want to hard wire and have an always on cigarette power port, check out the RHUNDO RS-20ST (Low Voltage Battery Discharge Prevention, High Temperature Cut-off and more)

Plug and Play

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-with-remote-touch-sensor-switch-panel.30237/

Thanks. Unless the "new firmware" you speak of has some upgrades not in the manual, I'll see if I can't locate a pdf OM to learn exactly those features are. :)

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-parking-mode-new-beta-feature.29382/

Damn I was waiting for the new wireless VIOFO A119 pro version.

Finally it’s here... dual camera .. yes i can live with that... wireless. Yes what I wanted... no low frame rate parking mode....urrgghh!

VIOFO please rethink s firmware update to include a parking mode low frame rate! Pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn I was waiting for the new wireless VIOFO A119 pro version.

Finally it’s here... dual camera .. yes i can live with that... wireless. Yes what I wanted... no low frame rate parking mode....urrgghh!

VIOFO please rethink s firmware update to include a parking mode low frame rate! Pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a129 has 15FPS parking mode, in base firmware.. you can choose 1fps, 5FPS, or 15FPS and the new Hardwire kit coming out soon, will auto-trigger parking mode

Back