Parking Surveillance

kw0n3k

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I just purchased the 70Mai Pro with GPS. Hasn't arrived yet but will be hardwiring it to the car.

My question is in relation to the "24/7 recording & surveillance.

I know the Cam only goes into park mode after 20 minutes of ignition off and relies on the G-Sensor to activate recording.

What is the length of the recording? is it 30 seconds pre incident then 30 seconds after?
Why so long til G-Sensor activation?

Has anyone had theirs go off yet?

I was debating between this and the Viofo A119 V3, but no wifi put me off it. Considering these two have the same Sensor, I'm really surprised at the quality difference between the two. Hoping future firmware will increase clarity.

Thanks!

Considering these two have the same Sensor, I'm really surprised at the quality difference between the two. Hoping future firmware will increase clarity.
sensor is only part of the story, different processor used in each is what makes the difference

sensor is only part of the story, different processor used in each is what makes the difference

I think it's more to do with the firmware/software.
As evident by the custom firmware but nutsey which improves the image quite abit.

Firmware of course will make a difference, still using a different processor which has its own nuances so they're never going to look the same regardless

Can anyone confirm that when you install the hardwire kit, an option is enabled on the dash cam to do time lapse mode?

What is powr consumption of this camera in parking mode?

Did you ever end up hardwiring? If so, did you use two or three wire? Also, is the end result the same as just plugging it in to a constant power supply or is there a benefit to hardwiring? Thank you.

Yeah dash cam is hardwired now.
Used a three wire cable.

End result is the same as having it just plugged into constant power minus, my memory card being filled up with parking clips.
It actually shuts down everytime after 20 minutes.
Unfortunately only the chinese firmware has the 1fps time-lapse mode (apparently).

I have sent several emails to 70mai to make this option available for the english firmware. hopefully it gets an update soon.

In a sense, i kind of regret getting the 70mai pro over the Viofo A119 v3. only wish the Viofo had a wifi connection.

Used a three wire cable.

End result is the same as having it just plugged into constant power minus, my memory card being filled up with parking clips.
Unfortunately only the chinese firmware has the 1fps time-lapse mode (apparently).

I have sent several emails to 70mai to make this option available for the english firmware. hopefully it gets an update soon.

In a sense, i kind of regret getting the 70mai pro over the Viofo A119 v3. only wish the Viofo had a wifi connection.

Thanks for the reply.
so basically, even when hardwired, parking surveillance turns off after 20 min.

So how Parking Surveillance works is, you set a time frame of when the camera enters the mode after engine shut off (power shut off).

Mine is at 20 min. So after 20 minutes the camera enters parking mode (No recording, Camera in standby mode).
When the G sensor detects an input (activation from impact) it begins to record from the moment of impact for 1 minute. (which is ****, cause you dont know what/who/how the trigger was caused)

Would be good to get the 1fps feature activated on the english firmware or even buffer recording, where you get to see 30 seconds prior to G sensor activation and 30 seconds after. That is true 24/7 monitoring unlike what is currently advertised by 70mai.
Their parking surveillance mode for the 70mai pro global version is as useless as tits on a bull.

Hardwire pros:
Saves memory card life but not constantly recording.
knowledge your car battery is gonna die on you due to constant drain
Better Dash Cam power management

Hardwire Cons:
Trim removal

Thank you for explaining parking surveillance to me. It does sound like it is completely useless how it is set up for this camera. I will not bother with the hardwire then. Hopefully there will be some parking surveillance updates soon.

I encourage you to shoot a quick email to:

help@70mai.com

and request either time lapse mode or 1fps mode for parking surveillance mode for the 70mai pro.
The more emails they get, the more likely they will have the feature added to a very capable dash cam, but very limited at this moment due to firmware.

I sent the email. No reply yet.
I encourage you to shoot a quick email to:

help@70mai.com

and request either time lapse mode or 1fps mode for parking surveillance mode for the 70mai pro.
The more emails they get, the more likely they will have the feature added to a very capable dash cam, but very limited at this moment due to firmware.

You wont get a reply anytime soon, I just got an email 1 month later saying

"thanks for the feedback, it has been passed onto the engineering department for evaluation"

I'm hoping if they get inundated with the request, there will be follow through.

I can see the Chinese version has setting for time lapse. However my English version firmware ver 1.04na doesn't

Did you use an aftermarket three wire hardwired cable or official 70mai hardwired kit?

Used a three wire cable.

Last edited:
I can see the Chinese version has setting for time lapse. However my English version firmware ver 1.04na doesn't

Did you use an aftermarket three wire hardwired cable or official 70mai hardwired kit?

Latest version doesn't have it either 1.09NA.

English firmware recently just got the WDR function, which is encouraging to see.

I have the official 70mai 3 wire harness:

hi,

I got chinese version of 70Mai pro, full package, i have changed firmware on english. no timelapse or Radar alert function, I wrote some questions about this last function but they deleted it.

I'm tring to change firmware now and will share results.

Hi all,

I just purchased the 70Mai Pro with GPS. Hasn't arrived yet but will be hardwiring it to the car.

My question is in relation to the "24/7 recording & surveillance.

I know the Cam only goes into park mode after 20 minutes of ignition off and relies on the G-Sensor to activate recording.

What is the length of the recording? is it 30 seconds pre incident then 30 seconds after?
Why so long til G-Sensor activation?

Has anyone had theirs go off yet?

I was debating between this and the Viofo A119 V3, but no wifi put me off it. Considering these two have the same Sensor, I'm really surprised at the quality difference between the two. Hoping future firmware will increase clarity.

Thanks!

My 70mai pro is hardwired too but it continuously record when in parking mode. Is this normal?

I have the 70Mai Pro Plus and the time lapse option is present in the menu.
Camera is hardwired using the Xiaomi kit.

Back