Parking Video mode has white out video

7rank

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The very first week I had the F770, It was producing a completely white out video in parking mode. But not always.
And I know its not a heat issue, because the very 1st video in parking mode when the car is cool is all white.
So I reported this to Blackboxmycar, where I purchased it, and they said someone else reported this issue.. and he said to turn off the "Night Vision" mode, and the problem seems to go away...
The problem... when I drive at night, I have to log into the camera to turn that back on... (hassle), in which I did, and forgot to turn it back off, and the very next day, all my parking video was nothing but a white screen again.
so this is very annoying, and I'm not sure what else to do.
Strange enough... As soon as I get in the car and drive, video is back to norm... and parking at the next place was OK. But I have several whole afternoons of nothing but white out video in parking mode only.
Anyone else having this issue? Or do I have a bad cam?

here's a pic of what it looks like...

Attachments

• Parking_WHITE.jpg
    Parking_WHITE.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 21
You have bad cam imo, can't see it being a setting issue I have my night vision on all the time and even at 35.8C heat parking footage is perfect

You have bad cam imo, can't see it being a setting issue I have my night vision on all the time and even at 35.8C heat parking footage is perfect
Yes I agree, and as I see no one else seems to have this issue, that I can see, because others would have repsonded let me know its a issue with the 770, AND .. I haven't found any other threads with people reporting this problem...I'm going to have to ask to have it replaced... its brand new.

(n)Also have the same problem with rear camera, checking my clips from yesterday went shopping with wife in morning everything ok, after parking up for the day rear camera recordings go as if over exposed, front recordings ok, changed sd card to go out today to see if the rear camera would still record as over exposed checked my recordings and it appears that rear camera is recording ok.(y) So it could be a faulty card? BY the way both cards bought with cameras from Chameleon uk, so both cards genuine Thinkware products. So will have to keep a check over the next couple of weeks.The card now in camera is the card with the over exposure recordings so if it happens again will contact supplier for their views on this subject...;)

Maybe some moisture on lens ?, some cars are very prone to this especially if heavy dew overnight air condenses inside windows given right conditions.

Hello tabetha thanks for the reply, can't say that i noticed any condensation within the car or on the lens of the rear cam but that's not impossible given the correct weather conditions, I checked the recording's on the card that the over exposures first appeared , but they turned out fine, so was wondering wether it could be the camera orientation. It might be the afternoon sunshine reflecting off something directly into the lens? Personally think the camera is brilliant piece of kit, picture quality is excellent.:happy: Now have to work out the bings and bongs !:wtf:

The bongs I usually get are opening the door to get in camera senses clonk of door, a chimey sound when going past speed cameras, I too am very happy but there are bits that could be better, especially the price nice to see in our recent heatwave unlike some other 2 channel cams it had no heat issues with focus etc.
I hope it is nice weather in Wales next week as going there for a few days, to abber, Betswycoed, Festiniog, Snowdonia etc wales is a awsome place every one must visit

Last edited:
Maybe some moisture on lens ?, some cars are very prone to this especially if heavy dew overnight air condenses inside windows given right conditions.
Very doubtful... the very minute I start the car and drive, the live video is fine... which tells me its a software issue in the cam.
Thinkware contacted me, and they want the cam to re-create the issue.. but I told them I need a replacement... as I use/need this cam daily.... I didn't spend 940$ to NOT have any protection. So I am waiting a reply from them.

My F770 front camera did the same thing today. I returned to my car...notification of a parking event...check the recording...and all I see is a white screen. I contacted BlackBoxMyCar (point of purchase) and they also told me to toggle Night Vision off and on! WTH?

I'm quite upset. Purchased the F770 2 channel + Cellink B -- all in ~$650USD -- and it didn't record the jerk who scraped my car today. Recorded fine after that on the way home and in my driveway, but what's the value in that? Why have a dash cam if it's not reliable all the time?

Last edited:
Back