Parking With a119

s0ldier89

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having bought the A119 I was extremely happy with the crisp quality. Having said that I really needed a camera with a half decent parking mode. I have it connected to a live constantly so it has been in parking mode and updated to V3.3. Having looked at the video footage of time lapse I realised (just for example) if someone ripped a key down the side of my car then time lapse would be pointless. Where as if it seen (motion) and started recording (or even heard a sound as long as said idiot walked in front of the car) then it would be fantastic. Today I have turned off parking mode and turned on motion detector..; So will this record if its sees motion? Or is this just for driving?
Also I have had a yellow warning sign coming up with beeps. When I checked the card it was full. Isn't it supposed to start again and clear the footage? Anyway I reformatted and after a while it came up again??
Anyone with any info on either problem would be appreciated.

Also I have had a yellow warning sign coming up with beeps. When I checked the card it was full. Isn't it supposed to start again and clear the footage? Anyway I reformatted and after a while it came up again??
Anyone with any info on either problem would be appreciated.

My understanding is motion mode works when motion is detected. The problem is you can't have motion mode enabled and loop mode. They are mutually exclusive functions. i.e. one or the other.
This may been why you are getting the warning sign but I'm not sure.

Placing the A119 into loop mode should stop this but you may have a different problem.
Here are some screen grabs for you on what to look for in the menu option. I did have my settings at 10mins however on short start stops I seem to be missing some files. File count is correct but the file is missing! I'm experimenting with 3 mins

gzSeBfh.jpg

FwMC3QY.jpg

MWkjo0a.jpg

using older firmware as 3.3 gave me memory errors. this is a ver 1 unit. Its not memory cards as I have used 3 brands same error.

Note that the video out on the A119 only supplies low res (640x480~)hence the poor quality of the screen grabs.

Last edited:
You can loop record and have motion detection on, they work fine together. Motion detection is sensitive on the A119/A119S, so you will probably find it will be recording most of the time. When you say the card is full of files, what kind of files? Locked files from a G-Sensor event, or just normal driving recording? If it's the latter, that's normal. Once the card fills up, it will begin to write over the oldest files. If your getting a lot of locked files, lower the g-sensor sensitivity.

You can loop record and have motion detection on, they work fine together. Motion detection is sensitive on the A119/A119S, so you will probably find it will be recording most of the time. When you say the card is full of files, what kind of files? Locked files from a G-Sensor event, or just normal driving recording? If it's the latter, that's normal. Once the card fills up, it will begin to write over the oldest files. If your getting a lot of locked files, lower the g-sensor sensitivity.

You changed your avatar?

Nice to know.
Make sense the G-sensor locking files.

I was under the impression from previous forum comments that motion detection is running only if the car is moving or something is happening in front of the camera. This would not be suitable if you where stationary for a while without movement in front of the camera if the car is running.

Just trying to clarify this. A previous car dvr I had would work constantly while driving but once the ignition was off the battery would switch the camera in to motion detect. If I only had motion detect on while driving it would give false negative for instance driving on a freeway without any traffic or change of within range motion. It didn't seem to pick up the road as movement. The problem was I would loose segments of the road recording as the camera would stop.

You changed your avatar?

Nice to know.
Make sense the G-sensor locking files.

I was under the impression from previous forum comments that motion detection is running only if the car is moving or something is happening in front of the camera. This would not be suitable if you where stationary for a while without movement in front of the camera if the car is running.

Just trying to clarify this. A previous car dvr I had would work constantly while driving but once the ignition was off the battery would switch the camera in to motion detect. If I only had motion detect on while driving it would give false negative for instance driving on a freeway without any traffic or change of within range motion. I didn't seem to pick up the road as movement. The problem was I would loose segments of the road recording as the camera would stop.
Yeah, motion detection is unreliable on most dash cameras. You always run the risk of missing video while normal driving. That said, most A119/A119S users who are using motion detection say that it's very sensitive and does not stop recording during normal driving. Even when using just motion detection (not the new Parking Mode) while parked, it seems to record more often than not. You need basically no movement or lights at all for the camera to stop recording. I don't use motion detection on the A119/A119S, so maybe others who do can chime in.

Yeah, motion detection is unreliable on most dash cameras. You always run the risk of missing video while normal driving. That said, most A119/A119S users who are using motion detection say that it's very sensitive and does not stop recording during normal driving. Even when using just motion detection (not the new Parking Mode) while parked, it seems to record more often than not. You need basically no movement or lights at all for the camera to stop recording. I don't use motion detection on the A119/A119S, so maybe others who do can chime in.

Look forward to hearing others input. I'm off to bed very late night here.

Well after turning off parking mode and just motion on it just recorded all day and filled the card. Not good. So I have put it on parking mode set to 1fps obviously this turns off the motion sensor. I have also changed the gsensor to low.
See how this gets on.
Cheers for the input peeps.. Nice one.

Back