Part 1 of Utah Scenic Byway 12, arguably one of the most scenic highways in America.

hanstj

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Insta360 One R 1-Inch Edition, Sony HDR-PJ540
Now that most of my personal life assignments have been taken care of, it is to resume my American Southwest journey. Here the first video from day 2.

one day i'll have enough time to work on my colorado road trip videos. so far all i've managed to do was the sunrise video, and only because the footage was easy to find and exceedingly simple to edit together. mine won't be as cleanly done as yours as i don't have the software and skills you do, but i'll do what i can.

Nice.
Somthing else than our Mols Bjerge national park, which you can allmost drive thru in the same 15 minutes but real time :(

mols-bjerge-nationalpark.jpg

http://eng.nationalparkmolsbjerge.dk/

Not bad looking, but here you learn to enjoy the little things as thats all we have.

I have spent a lot of hours on mols / djursland as that ( nose like ) part of eastern jutland is called, just me with my fly rod hunting the seatrout.
It is easy to see most of Denmark is left overs from the last iceage, the "hardest"features we have is some very old reefs now above the waterline as chalk cliffs made about 65 mill years ago at the end of the cretaceous period.
moens-klint.jpg

The Danish " white cliffs of dover" our is just in a place called møn some 100 Km south of Copenhagen.
Same chalk is allso beeing minde in a open pit at a town called Faxe, and use to be mined underground over here in Jutland.

You will not find any limestone or harder formations here like in Utah.

I never been over there myself, been thinking about it many times as there is good fishing in the area, but its allso "close" to Copenhagen which give me the heebee jeebies :D

The chalk is allso peeking up other places, but not as massive as at Møns klint, the pic is allso only a part of the formation.

For my next roadtrip video i will make sure to visit some picturesque places, and stop to snap some pictures with the Dslr :cool: just need Denmark to get a little greener and warmer.

one day i'll have enough time to work on my colorado road trip videos. so far all i've managed to do was the sunrise video, and only because the footage was easy to find and exceedingly simple to edit together. mine won't be as cleanly done as yours as i don't have the software and skills you do, but i'll do what i can.

Since you are from Texas, have you ever captured Dallas' High 5 Interchange in video?

Since you are from Texas, have you ever captured Dallas' High 5 Interchange in video?
I've been in and around dallas many times, but not in the last several years. i am not familiar with that interchange. dallas is a good 4 hours away from here. to put that in perspective, i can get to austin in about 2.5-3 hours, or new orleans in 6 hours.

on our way from houston to CO we went thru the fort worth area, which is around an hour west of dallas.

one i'd really like to capture is houston's spaghetti bowl. it's the section of US59 between the george r brown convention center and the us59/sh288 split. there's something like 25 or 30 bridges that go over 59 in less than a mile.

Mols Bjerge national park

I always got a smile, when the Dane talking about their mountain in there Kingdom. The tallest is 165 meter and named “Sky mountain.”
PS. There are some good funny story, about people living in that area.
Denmark is a beautiful place (when it’s not raining), make no mistake in that.

I'm about to do a Southwest trip this summer. I'm going to use a few Sony Action cams. How did you manage your recordings on the SD card? Did you have multiple SD cards or download the footage all the time?

I'm about to do a Southwest trip this summer. I'm going to use a few Sony Action cams. How did you manage your recordings on the SD card? Did you have multiple SD cards or download the footage all the time?
I used two 64gb cards and dumped their contents to a 1.5tb external hard drive each night for my Colorado trip.

Left Dallas in 2009 but was there when it started till finished.
I drove over it almost daily for over a year. Pretty impressive!
Here is a detailed video with maps/design etc... (from online):

Exactly like Gibson99 did. Two 64GB class 10 microSD. Transferred the files into a 2TB portable HDD every night.

Left Dallas in 2009 but was there when it started till finished.
I drove over it almost daily for over a year. Pretty impressive!
Here is a detailed video with maps/design etc... (from online):

Oh yes! I have watched this video. The interchange looks very impressive indeed! ScrewdUpClickV2 (the guy who recorded the video) has a lot of Texas freeway videos.

When the Texans are done with that interchange maybe six flags will buy it and convert it to a ride, trow in a couple of loops and it should be good to go :eek:

When the Texans are done with that interchange maybe six flags will buy it and convert it to a ride, trow in a couple of loops and it should be good to go :eek:

LOL! That is actually quite a good idea! :D Texas is filled with mega interchanges like that one.

Back