Passing on the shoulder (only of interest to the CHP).

DAP

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Two Viofo 129 PRO cameras and a Tesla Model 3 4 Channel

Note: It seems I put this in the wrong thread. It should be moved to the "recorded by you" forum.

Last edited:
People like that if i see them coming i will flip them off, cuz really thats what they do to me with their driving.

Problem is, you can never tell if they have a real emergency.

If they have a emergency i would assume they had their hazard lights on.
You are allowed to do a "private" ambulance run here if you absolutely have to, but one of they things you must do is advise the police that you are doing so.
you also have to put a white cloth on the front of your vehicle just don't ask me how, i would say opening your hood and wrap a bed sheet around the lid and then close it. Well i an not sure it would stay in place and could actually be a hazard then.
And you cant do much on the grill without blocking airflow to the radiator, and you can only use a little cloth there i assume, same go if you put a handkerchief on the antenna.
Examples seem to say put a white cloth in the door window, though thats not the front of the car, and it can limit visibility to that side.
Another thing that just outline how incompetent some things are here, law say white cloth on front of car, police advise to put white cloth in door window ????? i mean come on. :rolleyes:

But you don't need to have your hazard lights on here.
And you can break speed limits, but not drive hazardous, a guy flashed in speed trap driving wife giving birth to hospital got blitzed in a speed trap but fine was canceled due to the circumstances.

I've intentionally blocked these jerks on many different occasions. Plenty of them have their flashers on using the same logic as those who use the flashers as "park anywhere" lights. They think they're special.

No, you don't know if they're actually in an emergency, but considering the average drivers around here, it's a pretty safe bet that their "emergency" is that they're late for something or they just don't want to sit in traffic (because they're somehow better than everyone else).

Back