Password Problems With iPhone, Blackvue App

pdmike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S 2-CH
For no apparent reason, I am unable to join my Blackvue wi-fi with the Blackvue app on my iPhone. You know - this is where you are sitting in your car and want to take a look at a recently recorded video on your smart phone so you get it out, activate your Blackvue app and start viewing. I don't recall ever before even being asked for a password. I would just open up the app, connect to the Blackvue wi fi in Settings and begin viewing.

Today, all of a sudden and for no apparent reason, it not only started asking for a password but, when I entered what I though was my password, it says "incorrect password." I tried it a couple of times and got either "incorrect password" or "unable to connect to Blackvue wi fi." I was trying to format my memory card, but was unable, so I took it into the house and formatted it on my computer.

Then I put the memory chip back into the camera and went on a short trip (with the newly formatted memory chip). I know the camera was up and running. All of the lights were on, the little voice was active when required, etc. When I got back from the trip, I tried it again in the car, but got the same "incorrect password" message. So I pulled the memory card, took it in the house and tried it on my computer, using the Blackvue viewing program I have on my comptuer. No problem. I was able to view the vids I had just recorded. Went back to the car and tried it again on the iPhone. "Incorrect password."

Normally, when this happens, you click on the "I forgot my password" like, they send you a code number or a reset password link, and you're in business. Ain't no "I fogot my password link here." So I'm stuck.

Any thoughts?

I know my DR750S sometimes says incorrect password if I'm almost out of range. I usually just keep trying/move closer.

But if you want to try forgetting the network off of your iPhone, the wi-fi password is located on the front camera.
It's hidden behind the mount, so just hold the button that you'll find on the mount and you should be able to slide the camera out and find the wi-fi sticker.

Default password is unique for each camera and stored in a ROM chip built in the camera. If you change the password it gets stored on the microsd card so if you use a different microsd card your password changes too unless you use the default one.

Normally, when this happens, you click on the "I forgot my password" like, they send you a code number or a reset password link, and you're in business. Ain't no "I fogot my password link here."
How could anyone reset a password on your offline device? “They” can only reset your password for services where the password is stored in”their” database. Not when it’s stored on your local device!

Next time you have the SD card on your PC and fire up the Windows app, go into the firmware settings and reset the password there (or click the checkbox to unhide it). I'm pretty sure you can't have no password, so at some point in the distant pass you entered it on the iPhone and checked to automatically login (which stores the password on the phone), but it either got reset on you or the phone forgot.

A firmware upgrade usually resets the password to default. That's noted in the release notes with the firmware.

I usually also recommend once you've done all youre updating of Settings, grab the config.ini file and store a backup copy on your PC. Makes it easier to redo the settings in a pinch.

Brad.

Next time you have the SD card on your PC and fire up the Windows app, go into the firmware settings and reset the password there (or click the checkbox to unhide it). I'm pretty sure you can't have no password, so at some point in the distant pass you entered it on the iPhone and checked to automatically login (which stores the password on the phone), but it either got reset on you or the phone forgot.

A firmware upgrade usually resets the password to default. That's noted in the release notes with the firmware.

I usually also recommend once you've done all youre updating of Settings, grab the config.ini file and store a backup copy on your PC. Makes it easier to redo the settings in a pinch.

Brad.
The camera comes with a "built in" password that appears on the body of the camera itself, right? How is that password related to the password needed for the iPhone Blackvue app to connect to the camera's wi-fi system? I would assume that's the password the app needs to connect to the camera's wi-fi, right? You are saying I can change that password by sliding the the SD card into my computer and using the Blackvue Windows app to change it? What is the dynamic of that - that once I change it and save it in the computer, it saves it to the SD chip and then, when I put the SD chip back into the camera, the iPhone Blackvue app can then connect up with the camera wi-fi using the newly created password? Do I have this all right? If not, what do I have wrong?

The “built-in” password is for wifi. Unless there’s another wifi password stored on sd card the “built-in” will be used. Best way to reset is to format the sd card (make sure there are no files on it afterwards) and the wifi password then will be the “built-in”. Connect using your phone and change the wifi password (possibly also wifi name too) from the phone app. Not sure whether pc app can change the wifi password but yes, once a card with stored password is in camera the password from card is used.

Back