Patience With Farm Vehicles

• Thread starter Deleted member 64174
  • Start date
well if there are no wind Dogger will generate 0 Watt.
But yeah in a ideal world the wind always blow,,,,,, though i hope not as a ultralight shooter.

well if there are no wind Dogger will generate 0 Watt.
But yeah in a ideal world the wind always blow,,,,,, though i hope not as a ultralight shooter.
It almost stopped a couple of days ago, for most of a day, but it was the first time since spring!

We had been getting around 20 GW of wind power for weeks, then in a few hours it dropped to 0.3 GW. Now back up to 10 GW, enough for two and a half Denmarks.

I am thinking better build those power islands and accompanying wind farms they are talking about, than build a stupid bridge across kattegat.

I am thinking better build those power islands and accompanying wind farms they are talking about, than build a stupid bridge across kattegat.
I still don't understand what those power islands are for! We are not building any, instead we are building a resilient under sea power network. If you connect all your power to one island then the Russians can bomb the island and then you have zero power! Somebody already turned off the gas by blowing up one pipeline right next to your eastern power island!

well anything offshore, that are not floating i am a bit unsure off, even if i know sea levels will not jump 3 M overnight.
I think a little of the plan are to have them be refueling stations for ships on green fules too, though of course that can also be done on land just fine.
But yeah probably more hallmark projects of the current government, something they cam point their fingers as in years to come and tell their great grand children that i made that,,,,, and feel quite smug about that.

Personally i think asside for catastrophe events, any building projekts here should be funded by saving up for them rather than by loans.

I think a little of the plan are to have them be refueling stations for ships on green fules too, though of course that can also be done on land just fine.
Have you ever tried refueling a ship in the middle of the North Sea?
Much easier in port, and most ships will be going into port anyway!

I was once on a ship, in the middle of the North Sea, that stopped to fill its tanks. It had 7 4MW electric thrusters, 6 of which had 360 degree rotation to thrust in any direction, and it could keep GPS position to within a couple of meters in almost any conditions, but that didn't stop it going up and down over the 20 meter waves!

Yeah they will have to dock there, but that dont take much, though on the rough days you will probably need to have the ships down wave of some protection, but otherwise you can dock to some steel pipes rammed into the ground just fine.
It could also be that there will just be a shuttle tanker that transport the fule to various ports like Rotterdam ASO where many ships come.

I will assume Maersk have called dips on the fule with their announced plans to be on green fule ASAP.

I have also tried to unload from our tanker to smaller tankers, we had to do that in Argentina to be able to go into port there, this did require a careful watch on the lines we was connected with, not least the 2 - 3" nylon ropes, CUZ they was under strain where they go over the side due to the not calm weather.
On the bad days in the north sea that is of course a no go.

Back