Payver? Anyone know about this or used it?

There is a Danish guy in Africa somewhere that made a phone app for road repairs, so you have the phone going while you drive and it log where you drive and the road conditions from the G-sensor.
So when a stretch of road have been detected to be too bad a APP msg go out and anybody can earn money by repairing that stretch of road.
This are off course dirt roads we are talking about, so you can pretty much fix it with the strength of your back and a shovel.

Actually it seem like in Africa they are very creative in using mobile solutions.

Make me wonder if Edward Snowdens new app named Haven can be used. ( Android )
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.havenapp.main&hl=en

BTW Haven in Danish mean "the Garden"

I'm not wandering into fruity phone territory even if they paid me. :)
I was curious if I could do this on my old android phone....and retire maybe a few minutes earlier.

I can't see how they could pay for this with every long-distance driver jumping on board to gain some extra 'free' cash :rolleyes: When something doesn't seem to add up, it usually doesn't and there's probably something hiding in the details they don't want you to know about ;) I'd take a pass until it's clear there's nothing shady going on here.

Phil

well they call them Smart cars, so i say let them find their own way.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/22/tesla-on-autopilot-slams-into-parked-fire-truck-on-freeway/

One can only wonder why they keep calling it auto pilot on the teslas, as i am aware the teslas are only SAE - Level 3 cars, so still some way from level 5 cars that are indeed fully autonomous.

• Level 1 automation: some small steering or acceleration tasks are performed by the car without human intervention, but everything else is fully under human control
  • Level 2 automation: like advance cruise control or original autopilot systems on some Tesla vehicles, the car can automatically take safety actions but the driver needs to stay alert at the wheel
  • Level 3 automation: still requires a human driver, but the human is able to hand some “safety-critical functions” off to the vehicle under certain traffic or environmental conditions. This poses some potential dangers as the major tasks of driving are transferred to or from the car itself, which is why some car companies (Ford included) are interested in jumping directly to level 4
  • Level 4 automation: a car that can drive itself almost all the time without any human input but might be programmed not to drive in unmapped areas or during severe weather. This is a car you could sleep in.
  • Level 5 automation: full automation in all conditions

There is a Danish guy in Africa somewhere that made a phone app for road repairs, so you have the phone going while you drive and it log where you drive and the road conditions from the G-sensor

How accurate would it be for someone driving carefully around potholes, thus probably not activating the G-Sensor enough?

I have 2 roads where I work that weren't really damaged at all before winter but now they're absolutely riddled with craters, but I can still route my way past them without bumps, therefore protecting my tyres/suspension, even though they are horrific and need repair. To be fair I think our councils require the public to report directly to them when there are bad roads, so that they will then get fixed (eventually 4 years later!)

Didn't one major US city have an app or website where you could 'report a pothole'?

Back