Peak dashcam won't charge.

Finnlamin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello guys, a few months back I got decent dashcam and a cheap dashcam (one for up front in my car and one in the back.)
The better dashcam, the $80 one, had fantastic sound and video quality, and didn't have any issues until about a month ago. For some reason, the dashcam (Peak DashCam) stopped charging entirely. Nothing else was wrong, it just stopped charging. I've had a professional tech shop look into it (might have destroyed the warranty in the process, oh well) but they couldn't find out why it wouldn't charge. And there are no discussions of this online either about this specific one, so I'm don't know what to do to fix it. I'm hoping someone here might know what to do with this.

Attachments

• 15490507427834592456294157339822.jpg
    15490507427834592456294157339822.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 7
**might know what to do with this situation

Well, when it stopped working it was in the average of like mid 60s F.
This week's been pretty cold for as of recent, but when the DashCam stopped charging it was fairly nice out.

ok, battery powered dashcams are not the best idea, charging them when too hot or too cold isn't good (not even safe in some cases) and should be avoided, if the weather has been mild though it's likely just a random failure, cheap products are unpredictable like that unfortunately

$80 is cheap apparently -_-
Anyways, recommend any non-battery dash cams between $80-$120?

$80 is cheap apparently -_-
Anyways, recommend any non-battery dash cams between $80-$120?

when I said cheap was referring to the cost, not what it sells for

anyway in the $80 to $120 range have a look at the Viofo A119 series, good bang for buck

There are some cheap ones that are reliable, eg the Blueskysea B1W, and some very expensive ones that are not reliable!
yeah the selling price isn't always a good indicator, the B1W for example sells for a lot less than the camera he has yet the cost is more than double, where it's purchased may have some influence though, an online purchase out of China can work with a lot less margin than the convenience of something that sits on the shelf at a local retail outlet

Back