Pedestrian run over by truck, killed. Driver charged Austintown, OH

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
(hang on, it is 'cam' related...eventually)

Initially they thought this happened when the pedestrian walked out from between some parked trucks. No witnesses, trucker felt a bump, but didn't realize he'd run over somebody until truck stop workers flagged him down. Initially the cops were not going to charge the driver.

Cam video, (from somewhere) has surfaced, showing there was no reason the trucker shouldn't have seen the pedestrian....even though the pedestrian was wearing headphones and not paying attention.

Various news reports give differing accounts on the source of the video, ranging from the truck involved, to a third, un-involved truck. (No actual video released, yet,)

A few weeks ago a 12 yo girl was run down by a red Porsche, thankfully the female driver have now been found, not only did she hit and run the car she drove in was also fitted with stolen plates and not insured.
I do hope they lock her up and throw away the key,,,,,,,,,,,, what a disgusting person, when she had run over the little girl she did come out of the car, but couldn't even bother putting down her Paris Hilton pocket / purse dog.
Then she got back in the car and drove away :mad:(n)

Car drivers are becoming very privileged apparently !
Even around here pedestrians are invisible .

I'm not surprised somebody was killed. A lot of times you have trucks going too fast through these parking lots, and literally almost running you over. (But this situation speed didn't seem an isssue.)

This happened in daylight, and I can't tell what the truck was doing, leaving the parking lot, looking for a parking space, or ????

I do notice a lot of drivers are distracted when rolling around truck stop lots, on the phone, checking paperwork, fumbling with something. Maybe doing things they wouldn't do on a public road.
Walking around with headphones on wasn't smart, but I see stupid truckers wearing full headphones while driving!
I also notice a lot wearing 'hoodies' with the hood up,, cutting down peripheral vision, while driving.
Seriously people, we're not dealing with geniuses here, and the driver who killed the other driver was only 23.
I'm also seeing an increased number of truckers with the side windows obscured so you can't see them texting or using the phone while driving, or them watching video on a tablet on the dash while they drive. Duh!

Back