pedestrians: Jaywalking, crossing red light

I simply don't get how people can walk out in front of a car and expect the car to slow down for them, don't get me wrong i will cross a road where i bloody please too, but i also know who will win any "argument" my 120 kilos of flesh or 2 tonnes of steel so off course i watch out and get the hell out of the way.

I blame a few things for this level of stupid

First: it seem like technology is actually making people more stupid, this have accelerated with mobile internet and not least social media that is very evil.

Second: general stupid !
Here we got that a lot, it was just over a week ago i had to tell 2 grown people how a crosswalk work here ( and that's as simple as it get )

if there is no light in the crosswalk, like the ones at a intersection, well then its the cars job to keep a eye out for pedestrians at the crosswalk wanting to cross, and if there is such people waiting there the car must stop for them to let then cross.

But people just don't get this, they just stand there waiting for traffic to go away, and then off course idiot car drivers abuse that and just keep driving.

In general i just walk out in front of cars in a crosswalk, but not as vigilant as i did when i was young cuz i am now too old to go flying thru windscreens or up and over cars.
So now i give them a little more time / room to do what they are supposed to do, and off course i keep a eye on them out of the corner of my eye, and as back in the old days i am always ready to jump up on the hood of the car denting it a lot or as i would do now just jump/run out of the way.

I do think windscreen wiper stalks might have chipped a bone or 2 when i was young, but i am also pretty sure the people which cars i fawked up still know to do the right thing as a crosswalk. :)

PS. when i got rear ended +1 year ago it was also me stopping at a crosswalk as there was a girl that wanted to cross, car behind me stopped too, but the next one dident so he plowed into us.

FF to 2:20

Sadly my rear camera dident work :rolleyes: would have loved to get that on record, not least what whent on in the 4x4 that plowed into us, i have a feeling you would see a smartphone flying in there as the car impacted.

Just go to prove doing the right thing is not without dangers with idiots around.

@kamkar1
I believe you did the correct thing to yield the pedestrian, especially that cute girl.

Sometimes driver just don't yield when there is a pedestrian crossing signal stand like the car in front of you. In your case, I feel unlucky you got hit at the back, the following car at your back must be not realize and aware of you yielding for pedestrian, shame on the back car. Luckily you got the sound recording and the video convincing you were yielding the pedestrian. Perhaps you can go get a dash cam with front and rear. better to solve most of the hit and run case.

Back then i had the mobius 1 in the back, but i also had a poor power supply feeding it ( too long USB cable of too poor quality ) it so i had known for a few weeks i had to make changes back there.
sadly i am also good at procrastination :( but in this case there was no need, the guy in the 4x4 took blame no problem, and my insurance did like front and side camera footage none the less.

Now i have 3 dedicated 12 V outlets in the trunk and no power problems back there.

ATM i don't have a rear camera as my nice have borrowed the x camera i have been running there for a while, but i should soon get a nice dual channel camera to fill that empty slot and take up even more real estate on my windscreen where i already have 3 cameras going ( one will have to go by then )

I am thinking on having 2 cameras on the rear window, one with a narrow FOV for a longer detail range.
So i will have to do a little DIY work this summer.

Back